Author Topic: inexperience, skilfull, competent  (Read 1619 times)

Offline lucky luke

• NEClimbs God
Re: inexperience, skilfull, competent
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2014, 09:28:27 PM »
So, my question is how can we decide what is our level without the annoying pressure of 5.++++ climber?

Then we moved uphill and my partner climbed on his 5.14a project for an hour or so, which is a challenging route for him to climb.

so, challenging 5.14 for them
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 11:11:04 PM by lucky luke »

Offline Pete Jackson

• NEClimbs Full Member
  • RCA guy. Want to help? PM me.
    • Rumney Climbers Association
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2014, 11:58:33 AM »
So, my question is how can we decide what is our level without the annoying pressure of 5.++++ climber?

Then we moved uphill and my partner climbed on his 5.14a project for an hour or so, which is a challenging route for him to climb.

so, challenging 5.14 for them

I do not understand your point here. However, I *will* tell you that on this particular day, I had no idea what grades we were climbing. I certainly wasn't hopping on the really hard stuff, nor did I feel like any less of a climber because I couldn't. So I'm not sure how else to explain that the pressure you're describing comes from within, and not from others.
We came to climb, not to whine.

Offline strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2014, 12:15:27 PM »
Just to change the point for a second..Pete, yo were just at Smith ? i guess you didn't run into my friend jenny ?? You would have remembered.. ;)

She' s a 9..if you get my point about grading

Offline Pete Jackson

• NEClimbs Full Member
  • RCA guy. Want to help? PM me.
    • Rumney Climbers Association
« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2014, 08:48:44 PM »
Just to change the point for a second..Pete, yo were just at Smith ? i guess you didn't run into my friend jenny ?? You would have remembered.. ;)

She' s a 9..if you get my point about grading

Hah! No, i didn't meet anyone named Jenny. Climbed with my bro-in-law and a bunch of ladies from VT and Portland. I sorta felt like we we're ruining a "girls weekend". Had a great time though! That place is like a playground!
We came to climb, not to whine.