NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Humphrey's?  (Read 373 times)

danf

• NEClimbs Senior Member
Humphrey's?
« on: April 06, 2014, 07:27:09 PM »

I know a few of you have been to Humphrey's recently.  I'm climbing easy to very moderate stuff at the moment (comfortable on 5.6, but wanting to get on 5.7's right away), so is it worth it for me to make my first trip there tomorrow afternoon, or should I head to Longstack?

slacker

• NEClimbs Junior Member
Re: Humphrey's?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 07:48:55 PM »

Go to the long stack! We will have a good crew out there tomorrow.

xcrag_corex

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 11:12:10 PM »

Longstack was wet yesterday but by the end of the day a lot had dried out! Today was beautiful... So I bet longstack will be incredible tomorrow!!! Have a blast :)
-Jeremy Ballou

"know how to rock, ain't afraid to roll"

Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 07:01:14 AM »

The middle of Humphreys, wanderlust to cakewalk, are mostly dry. The geriatric walls area is wet and will be for a while.
Al Hospers

web hosting, design and software programming:
 http://www.cambersoft.com

danf

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 09:53:59 AM »

Thank you Al! I think we just might head up there today and try!

(It's Brandie) ♥

danf

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2014, 09:02:23 PM »

Headed to Longstack yesterday.  Met slacker, climber57r and darthgator (?) when we got there.  First time on rock this year, and Brandie decided to try her hand at leading Coyote Rain.  She hasn't led trad before, so this was a different experience for both of us.  She got up to the roof of the first pitch ok, but couldn't get over it.  Ended up lowering off and I then led both pitches.  She was spent after that and it was getting late and cooling down so that was all we did.  Still a good first time out though.

There was definitely wet spots on the cliff.  There was some seepage/running water just below the roof on Coyote Rain, but nothing that was a huge concern.  The upper pitch was definitely more wet, but it was either avoidable or on an overlap where friction wasn't highly necessary.

DLottmann

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2014, 08:51:15 AM »

...First time on rock this year, and Brandie decided to try her hand at leading Coyote Rain.  She hasn't led trad before, so this was a different experience for both of us.  She got up to the roof of the first pitch ok, but couldn't get over it.  Ended up lowering off and I then led both pitches.  She was spent after that and it was getting late and cooling down so that was all we did.  Still a good first time out though...

I hemmed and hawd at the roof for a few minutes myself... so fun though! After pulling the roof you can skip the anchor and finish the route quite easily... its only about 110 feet to the 2nd anchor at the top from the bottom... we rapped with 1 60m and just had to down climb the first 5 or so feet of the route...

ralbert20

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2014, 02:33:41 PM »

STOP telling people about Longstack! I liked that I had it all to myself last year! ;)

slacker

• NEClimbs Junior Member
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2014, 07:43:53 PM »

Dan,

It was great to meet, we tried to say bye before we left but you must have been at the top of the cliff.  It was cool that your wife was so excited to get after it.  Lets connect and climb another time.

Matt
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 22 queries.