Author Topic: Sport Climbing exchange with France?  (Read 319 times)

Offline les-poussin

• NEClimbs Newbie
Sport Climbing exchange with France?
« on: March 26, 2014, 08:09:08 AM »
Hello,
We are a French family with a 12-year daughter planning to come to the East Coast and to practise sport climbing in August 2014.
The 3 of us are climbing more or less up to 5.10d.
We would be very glad to get in touch with local families of climbers we could meet and climb with in August.
To us, this could be the first step of a teen climber exchange between US and Toulouse in France.
There are very interesting sport climbing sites in the South West of France and we would love to welcome a teenager with whom we could share our family’s passion for outdoor and mountaineering sports.
Our current plan (adaptable from timing and geographical standpoint) is to be:
- At Acadia National Park around August 10th
- At Rumney, NH around August 15th
- Then in Burlington, Vermont after August 20th.
Looking forward to hearing from you.

Online tradmanclimbz

• NEClimbs God
  • Nick Goldsmith
Re: Sport Climbing exchange with France?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 08:32:11 AM »
Is there sport climbing in Acadia?

Offline OldEric

• NEClimbs Senior Member
  • climb on
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 10:07:40 AM »
There is some (sport climbing in Acadia) but its limited and widely scattered and most of it is harder then what they indicated they were looking for.  Plus a lot of the "sport" routes are somewhat sporty unless you supplement with trad gear.  Clifton would have more options for them in pure sport climbing terms.

But there are a lot of other reasons to visit Acadia including the other types of climbing.

Offline Jeff

• NEClimbs God
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 04:06:54 PM »
Also plenty of options to set up TRs although very busy at Otter Cliffs in that season.

Offline xcrag_corex

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 05:07:40 PM »
Can also set up some TRs on Great Head at Acadia left side has so e moderates and hardly ever a soul out there
-Jeremy Ballou

"know how to rock, ain't afraid to roll"

Offline Pete Jackson

• NEClimbs Full Member
  • RCA guy. Want to help? PM me.
    • Rumney Climbers Association
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2014, 07:17:50 PM »
My wife and I live in Rumney and would be glad to show you around / climb with you in August. My kids are aged 7 and 9, so they may be too young to be exchange climbers, but we're happy to help you find folks who may be a good match. We also climb at Bolton in VT, happy to show you around that crag too. We would also be happy to introduce you to some local guides with experience guiding kids. If you're interested, PM me.
We came to climb, not to whine.