NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Suprapatellar?  (Read 255 times)

dp

• NEClimbs Newbie
Suprapatellar?
« on: March 28, 2014, 12:57:34 PM »

So after a couple of days of hard climbing on tue and wed  my knee is swollen to about twice it's size,it's really painful and I'm on crutches, the xray report says I have a suprapatellar, anyone had one of these? how long does it last? any info would be great, thanks

strandman

• NEClimbs God
Re: Suprapatellar?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 05:23:58 PM »

Are you  getting it drained ????  Was it a single injury or overuse ??  if you are going to be on crutches for a while..get a pair of MobiLegs  you won't regret it.

dp

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 01:38:20 PM »

I got both knee's drained 60ml of dark yellow goo came out, it wasn't a single injury BUT I did have synvisc injected into my knee's 2 weeks prior.

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 02:27:21 PM »

I had that sinvisc as well...3 injections instead one big one...third one cramped the shit out of my knee and caused more pain.

dp

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2014, 10:32:18 AM »

Hey John, I also had the 3 injections and had the same results you did, How long did it take for the inflamation in your knees to settle down? 
Just as a heads up I would never reccomend anyone get synvic injection, just too many problems with it!

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2014, 10:39:32 AM »

Well my knees are pretty fucked, so they never really settle down..comes and goes. Left needs a replacement and the right is just behind, they will never do both at the same time.

Synvisc I think is for people who have minor issues...although I just had cortizone in my ankle and it worked great,,never did shit in my knees or hip....

steve weitzler

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2014, 01:16:12 PM »

Had surgery on my right knee 6 weeks ago. Torn lateral and medial meniscus, bone chips, and knee needed to be "smoothed" out.  I would suggest that if you need surgery then get it. I tried the cortisone and "over the counter" medication and that only masks the damage, doesn't fix it. It will take a while to recover (longer if you are my age) but in the long term I think it is worth it. I know a good surgeon.

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2014, 05:13:44 PM »

I agree about surgery..do it !!

OTC stuff almost killed me..the correlation of ibuprofen and heart failure is a lock now..67 %.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.461 seconds with 23 queries.