Author Topic: Elbows  (Read 225 times)

Offline strandman

• NEClimbs God
Elbows
« on: December 30, 2014, 04:27:26 PM »
So the elbow has joined up with the rest of my body and started hurting big time.....it feels EXACTLY like I hand drilled to many  bolts  :o

Anyway the Doc  is pretty excited..she also said "I have only climbed for a few years..is this what i have to look foward to " ?  and " what the hell happened to your shoulder ?"

Offline markvnh

• NEClimbs Senior Member
Re: Elbows
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 04:46:03 PM »
How is the knee doing John (and can't remember if you've had both done)?

I've had some elbow problems in the last year - tendinitis as in tennis elbow. It was a bitch to heal as I didn't / wouldn't rest it like I was told to do. With that though what I did give up for the last year that seemed to create allot of pain in the elbow afterwards was play ice hockey - which I did every Sunday night. Back on the ice come the new year or that's the plan.

Offline strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2014, 04:58:52 PM »
Knee is getting there..slowly.  Not much pain, but no power

My elbow has scar tissue pressing the ulnar nerve...tissue has to go because it can deaden the nerve pretty quickly

Offline markvnh

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2014, 05:19:49 PM »
John,

I had a bit of a pinched ulnar nerve a few years ago. Numbness, tingling and such where it creates the problem in the hand.

What's interesting is that before this I was taking a couple supplements and wearing a wrist brace for carpel tunnel while I waited (4 months out) for an appointment to get a "nerve test" - and by the end of that time I actually cancelled the appointment as my carpel tunnel was gone.

When I pinched the ulnar nerve I took the same stuff for about six months. For the most part it helped the pinched ulnar nerve. I've completely forgotten I've had any problems (if I think about it I can still feel a bit of numbness so it didn't completely solve the problem).

One supplement was called Bromelain if I remember. I will look to see if I have both still and pass along what the other one was.

Mark

Offline sneoh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2014, 06:48:42 PM »
So the elbow has joined up with the rest of my body and started hurting big time.....it feels EXACTLY like I hand drilled to many  bolts  :o
Sorry to hear that, John.  Overgripping?  Inside or outside of elbow?

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ

Offline markvnh

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2014, 09:50:32 AM »
John,

The stuff I used:

Chrysin 5,7 - Dihydroxyflavone
Bromelain

Not sure where I found to use these but they seemed to work for the carpel tunnel and the ulnar nerve. But if you've got scar tissue I'm not sure these would have any effect.

Mark

Offline strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2014, 10:48:37 AM »
Thanks..I'll see if they cause any reaction with current meds.

The scar tissue will be coming out pretty soon.

Soon-- my favorite thing ever in climbing "training"  don't overgrip..what a crock....of course i will be in touch with my man TC, who had elbow issues way back when it was trendy

Offline strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2015, 09:42:32 AM »
Carpal tunnel, scar tissue pressing the Ulnar and some nerve release..nip and snip stuff...the Doc a climber of 15 years ..when i told him about hand drilling and such "Oh, your one of those guys"

Offline markvnh

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2015, 09:45:08 AM »
...so your doc has a strict trad only ethic?! Did you tell him / her if they take care of your problem you'll resort to drilling only with a Bosch!?

Offline strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2015, 10:16:07 AM »
HAH ! I bet he has clipped quite f ew more bolts than me.....I bought a Makita, there rock here is soft  :D

Offline sneoh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2015, 03:27:26 PM »
So it is mostly good news, right?  When are you going to get the nip and snip stuff done? 
Spring is not all that far away.  Sunrise here now is as late as it can be (about 7:15) but sunset is about 20 minutes later than it was 4 weeks ago.  We have turned the corner.  Woo hoo.  Sorry all you ice climbers out there!

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ

Offline Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2015, 05:18:13 PM »
Sorry all you ice climbers out there!

fine with me... I hate these really short daze...
Al Hospers

web hosting, design and software programming:
 http://www.cambersoft.com

Offline strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2015, 05:19:37 PM »
i'm ready..the  Doc said  "do what ever..'  I got those 100 hangers for XMas  sitting here

Offline steve weitzler

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2015, 04:10:15 PM »
Sorry to hear about your elbow. However, I told you years ago that drinking beer out of a pitcher as opposed to a small mug was going to screw up your elbows. Too much weight to lift!!!! ;)