General > Climbing NOT (Bitch & moan)

What do you use to clean moss/ lichen off routes?

(1/3) > >>

ralbert20:
Pretty much all in the title. Links? Where I can buy said brush?

Thanks -

Rob

strandman:
#1  gloves...a curved brush (wire)..

for more extreme situations .. a wire push broom is great. small snips and maybe a garden weed(dandelion ) puller for twigs. It looks like a big screwdriver with a notch in it.

Big lug hiking boots for foot scraping.. whisk broom small for detail work and several small plumbing style brashes...small crowbar  18"-24 "  is usually enough

Moss is tough.. double clean.. get the moss off, let it dry. then wire brush,, sometimes i add chalk to speed drying

ralbert20:
Like a grill brush?

strandman:
No.. the wire is to stubby and to close together, it will get clogged up....a narrow curved,brush..sometimes called for paint removal or rust removal...

M_Sprague:
Here is the best all around brush and scraper I have found, Rob. It works really well and protects your knuckles (still wear gloves). You will need various other implements like John suggested, but it is my basic tool.
http://www.hardwareworld.com/Wire-Brush-With-Scraper-1821-pKZR1DO.aspx?gclid=CIqswrGhvb4CFU5lfgodkEUAPA Pick up a number of them while you are at it. Around here you can go through several per pitch easily. I usually run down using the scraper first to get the rough stuff off.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version