NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: overall difficulties  (Read 927 times)

tradmanclimbz

• NEClimbs God
  • Nick Goldsmith
Re: overall difficulties
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2014, 04:05:01 PM »

I climb for the crumpet ;D

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2014, 06:32:55 PM »

LL. what the fuck do you have against people who climb "hard" or "serious"   ??

Who are these elite people ?  i know plenty of people who climb 5.12,,5.13 and some even 5.14..they seem pretty cool ..i even invite them to my house for a beer,,,some are here right now  :o

lucky luke

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2014, 08:07:58 AM »

the only think I had it is that most people can climb "hard" or "serious" and doing a 5.6.

an elite will like to be admire as the best, the one who do the most or hard first ascent.

I found on some skill climber the fun to be in the cliff just to enjoy the rock, but ordinarily I found competition, attacks and some gave a sensation of inferiority at those who can't climb 5.10.

It is true particularly from those who compete in bouldering, or begin with sport and work all the moves.

Often those people have some thing about me too.

sneoh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2014, 07:16:19 PM »

LOL.  LL, you are just not hanging with the nice, very good climbers, dude.
I would say over the years, almost all the jerks (as you have described) I have come across are climbers aspiring to be elite but not quite there yet and angry/defensive about their deficiency.  And I am more likely to meet these people at "pure trad" areas. 
I have found by and large climbers are fun and respect that everyone has given goals.

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2014, 09:23:03 AM »

i guess according to LL, anyone who climbs harder than 5.10  is elite ? Whatever that means

lucky luke

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2014, 09:56:39 AM »

i guess according to LL, anyone who climbs harder than 5.10  is elite ? Whatever that means

of course not. But a lot of people think that if they climb "hard"... they are good climber.

I remember very good challenge in remote area with nobody else than my partner. My girlfriend was the only person who knows when I went on those area. She saw it in my eyes. Climbing is fun at all level.

There is an elite. There is good climber who master there skill. Some climber that you want to imitate. They are not necessarily 5.10 climber, they could like to do 5.7 with a perfect technique of rope management, strategy, kindness, etc. in fact, we most have several model. Some of mine are peter Croft, Lyne Hill, Patrick Edlinger and also close friend 

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2014, 10:17:11 AM »

The people you mention all have climbed 5.14...I guess that's elite

Pete Jackson

• NEClimbs Full Member
  • RCA guy. Want to help? PM me.
    • Rumney Climbers Association
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2014, 12:30:16 PM »

I found on some skill climber the fun to be in the cliff just to enjoy the rock, but ordinarily I found competition, attacks and some gave a sensation of inferiority at those who can't climb 5.10.

Often those people have some thing about me too.

I definitely know one or two people like that. I choose not to be around them, and instead surround myself with positive folks.

It has very little to do with skill level, and more to do with "life level." The climbers who I spend time with all have something else going on in their life beyond climbing, even those who are professional guides. Keeps things in perspective.
We came to climb, not to whine.

sneoh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2014, 04:29:01 PM »

The climbers who I spend time with all have something else going on in their life beyond climbing, ........ Keeps things in perspective.
+1.  Definitely.  Proper, balanced perspective is so important.

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ

M_Sprague

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2014, 07:27:18 PM »

We need imbalanced whack jobs to push the envelope for us though sometimes
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is not a path and leave a trail."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2014, 10:51:12 AM »

True,   a balanced life vs. a good sense of balance :-\

steve weitzler

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2014, 12:30:53 PM »

"True,   a balanced life vs. a good sense of balance"

Spoken like a true unbalanced individual.

pappy

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2014, 12:46:30 PM »

It is true particularly from those who compete in bouldering, or begin with sport and work all the moves.

Robyn was like that when I knew her. First thing she wanted to know about you was how hard you climbed, and if you weren't on sighting hard 5.10 then you could watch the shades shut on her eyes as she dismissed you. Oddly, Luke, despite the World Cups and 5.14s, she started out plugging gear before sport climbing even existed--it would be absurd to call her just a sport climber. Of course, you do have to be a little intense if you are going to compete on that kind of stage. I also understand that age and motherhood have mellowed her.
If you're gonna be stupid, you gotta be tough.

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2014, 01:35:28 PM »

i haven't seen her in many years..but Robyn, mellowed ?????? That's a good one pappy

old_school

• NEClimbs God
  • "Climb Now, Work Later."
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2014, 01:50:31 PM »

i haven't seen her in many years..but Robyn, mellowed ?????? That's a good one pappy

Now she's pushing her kids into the sport...relentless   :-\
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes."
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 22 queries.