Author Topic: 19 year old rescued from Longs Peak  (Read 4872 times)

Offline old_school

• NEClimbs God
  • "Climb Now, Work Later."
Re: 19 year old rescued from Longs Peak
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2014, 01:07:54 PM »
Cotton saved this kids life!! LuckY!!   :-\   ???
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes."

Offline lucky luke

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2014, 10:08:44 AM »
Cotton saved this kids life!! LuckY!!   :-\   ???

A+

Offline strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2014, 10:29:21 AM »
Or he may have had a couple of joints..or some edibles

Offline old_school

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2014, 02:07:11 PM »
Or he may have had a couple of joints..or some edibles

One could only hope
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes."

Offline Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2014, 03:45:26 PM »
Al Hospers

Offline lucky luke

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2014, 08:28:32 PM »
the hiker kid tells his own story...

http://14ers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=43195&start=144

He stayed one night and the mountain...unable to go down???? But he said:

"So you can understand there was NO help provided to me on the mountain, even if I am extremely grateful for them to have tried."

If the helicopter saw that he was able to go down, maybe the pilot show him how to go down without risking the life of three or four rescuers!!!!

Offline JBro

• NEClimbs God
  • Doing God's work
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2014, 08:43:30 PM »
He said he found the way down by trying to get to a spot where the helicopter could reach him.

Wild story and pretty amazing that he survived. He soloed up and down long technical routes without any prior training and without proper equipment. He seems to realize the magnitude of his mistakes and the good fortune to have come through unharmed. 
Have a quiche, now, or maybe a tort.  You deserve it!
-bristolpipe

I like to keep things simple, even if it's faaaken painful and miserable.
-Stoney Middleton

This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.
-Friar Tuck

Offline lucky luke

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2014, 09:32:08 AM »
Wild story and pretty amazing that he survived. He soloed up and down long technical routes without any prior training and without proper equipment. He seems to realize the magnitude of his mistakes and the good fortune to have come through unharmed.

I red an article writing by a newspaper in french. He look like an hero...even if he bail to follow is friends, he brake the party in two individual at risk, didn't know his way to go down and didn't take the same path as his way up knowing that he was not able to do a move with his partner, didn't have a rope and few death weight (stopper), etc.

he said that he will go for it any times without other equipment. Hero, couard, or just stupid? pretty amazing that  he survived: he said that the rescue don't want to risk there life for that kind of situation.

Be honest and ashamed: Asked any rescue leader in north conway...if your HERO was in so bad situation, could he go down by himself? and do you really think that a rescuer won't climb and won't be able to reach him? He was stupidly stuck for no reason in a place scare to death.

N.B. some "bolter" place bolt every where because the are scare to death as that guy...I respect and I am for those climber who place "convenience bolts" which is not to change the challenge of a route to a degree so low that you are in a position to shit in your pant to reach that level. ;D ;D ;D my pleasure

DLottmann

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2014, 08:32:25 AM »
Instead of starting a new thread, looks like Long's Peak is in the news again, this time with a less positive outcome...

http://www.9news.com/story/news/local/2014/06/11/fort-collins-man-dies-on-longs-peak/10312519/

Offline old_school

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2014, 10:29:46 AM »
Instead of starting a new thread, looks like Long's Peak is in the news again, this time with a less positive outcome...

http://www.9news.com/story/news/local/2014/06/11/fort-collins-man-dies-on-longs-peak/10312519/

Damn...   :-\

Offline lucky luke

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2014, 04:25:54 PM »

Because your hero "survive" at a lack of prepration, equipment, partner and route finding...you think that he still his an hero???

some died for nothing,

Dman, after what you said for the women who was trap at the top of Mt jackson few years ago, that she is stupid doing jumping jack all night to stay warm, I can't understand that you glorify some one who make many mistakes.

I am glad that he survive, but I will be more comprehensive if he state that he made mistake and be gratefull to the rescue who gave him a chance to go out of the mountain by his own without to have to pay for the rescue. Because if he got help, he will had to pay.

DLottmann

« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2014, 08:12:08 PM »

Because your hero "survive" at a lack of prepration, equipment, partner and route finding...you think that he still his an hero???

some died for nothing,

Dman, after what you said for the women who was trap at the top of Mt jackson few years ago, that she is stupid doing jumping jack all night to stay warm, I can't understand that you glorify some one who make many mistakes.

I am glad that he survive, but I will be more comprehensive if he state that he made mistake and be gratefull to the rescue who gave him a chance to go out of the mountain by his own without to have to pay for the rescue. Because if he got help, he will had to pay.

WHAT? Where did I call either of the Long’s Peak accidents hero’s?

I said the Jackson woman should have had a map & compass so she didn’t have to do jumping jacks all night...

Where exactly do you think I am glorifying anyone who made mistakes???

Offline lucky luke

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2014, 11:34:54 AM »
Where exactly do you think I am glorifying anyone who made mistakes???

Hope no where because there is not any thing to say about the incident.

Waht bother me the most in the climber story is that he criticized the rescuer to d his rescue for money. To justify his action.

Offline DaveR

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2014, 12:15:21 PM »
I can't understand that you glorify some one who make many mistakes.

You are the one who accused Dman of glorifying people who make a mistake you moron! As someone else said in another post it is impossible to have a serious discussion with you. Man, you are nucking futs! :P

Offline lucky luke

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2014, 01:14:39 AM »
As someone else said in another post it is impossible to have a serious discussion with you.

To have a discussion, we may have two idea, one is the krakauer mentality and the other is the jack kirouac mentality.

Seriously, you think that that guy was well prepare and was trap by the situation. In Mt Jackson, the women hike east with the wind in her back and when she turned back she cančt find her way because the wind blow too strongly (70 miles per hour that night). she was trap.

The guy will have been able to stay a second night in the wild, but the women will have been death.

She wasn't charge for the resce because it was a mistake, what she agree, but she was not careless and holding a map in that wind will have been impossible..

Argument for the discussion and I don't insult you.