NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Tree Keys  (Read 634 times)

danf

• NEClimbs Senior Member
Tree Keys
« on: June 03, 2014, 10:40:38 PM »

If anyone is on it before I get back there (and who knows when that will be....), take a wrench with you.  Climbed it Sunday and my small adjustable got left in the car so all I had was the psuedo-wrench on the nut tool.  As I recall, the second bolt was a tad loose and when I tried to tighten the nut on the third (I think) bolt, the stud spun. :(  I think the rest of the bolts were OK, but I really don't remember.

On a completely different note, for those in the know does this look like "I put my foot where?":

If it is, I flailed on it-badly......

Smear

• NEClimbs Full Member
Re: Tree Keys
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 05:51:47 AM »

That is Lost and Found
10 b/c

old_school

• NEClimbs God
  • "Climb Now, Work Later."
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 09:43:11 AM »

I flailed on it-badly......

Yes...Lost and Found! how did you like it danf??
 ;)
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes."

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 09:59:10 AM »

If it's a stud bolt and it spun... :o  one of 2 things..the threads are mashed or the whole stud itself is moving...not good.

Try a wire looped over and pull  down A LITTLE BIT,, this may tighten things up. If it still spins, then it's replacement time.

if it's a 5 piece,,then it's no  good

old_school

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 01:51:19 PM »

I cant remember if it was tree keys, but one of those routes had a second bolt that was a bit of a spinner and it could not be tightened. I tried at the beginning of the year and found that it just spun around and would go no tighter. I think it is toast, but it wouldn't back off either...so it is just kind of stuck like that. I don't think it is unsafe but it does do little for your sense of safety. Just don't fall  ;)
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes."

DLottmann

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2014, 02:44:33 PM »

Hope it is the 2nd to last bolt on Tree Keys... if so yank it and patch the hole, and enjoy the bomber cam placement in a horizontal inches away...

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2014, 05:58:24 PM »

I saw someone recently with Thunderstuds... I offered $20 to take them away..crap. i hope it's not one of those, you need the 36" or even the 48" bar to get them out.

danf

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2014, 09:35:44 PM »

Yes...Lost and Found! how did you like it danf??
 ;)
Like I said, I flailed. And jugged the rope. And pulled on draws. And jugged some more. I did manage a few moves but decided very quickly that I don't have the skills or strength to climb at that level at this point. I am happy to hear that its a 10 b/c tho. Only reason I didn't back off the route when I knew I couldn't do it even halfway cleanly was because I needed to clean the draws after our friend led it.

old_school

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2014, 10:13:13 AM »

Hey nice work brother!! Not an easy route...kind of stays with you the second you leave the ground. Good rest out left at mid height...I've spent some quality time there getting a shake  ;) Keep working the moves! You'll get it!  ;)

DLottmann

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2014, 04:12:34 PM »

Speaking of rehearsing routes and working the moves I think LL/Champ may enjoy this read:

http://rockclimbinglife.wordpress.com/2014/06/04/how-to-project-a-route/

DaveR

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2014, 07:31:30 AM »

Speaking of rehearsing routes and working the moves I think LL/Champ may enjoy this read:

When are you going to learn? :'(

neiceclimber

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2014, 07:49:18 AM »

Holy tick marks

old_school

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2014, 10:04:50 AM »

Holy tick marks

Hahahahaa....looked like a Jackson Pollock painting!!!  ;D

DLottmann

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2014, 11:03:59 PM »

old_school

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2014, 12:23:23 PM »

That must be around the corner on the left then???  ;D
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 22 queries.