Author Topic: Sunday  (Read 504 times)

Offline perswig

• NEClimbs God
Sunday
« on: June 05, 2014, 04:39:04 PM »
If the gods are benevolent, I'd like to try to remember how to do this climbing thing on Sunday.  Looking for a partner, thinking of 5.0 to 5.8ish, maybe?  Cath, WH, Webster slabs, Elephant Head, Square Ledge; Acadia.  Nothing's too easy at this point; I am soft like butter.  Running up many easy routes would be fine.

Caveats - I may or may not recall how to tie in; you have to sign a non-disclosure in case I whine a lot; I have no MP profile.

PM or email me.
Dale
If it's overhanging, I'm probably off-route.

Offline danf

• NEClimbs Senior Member
Re: Sunday
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 10:16:42 PM »
Wish I could, but the wife has already committed me to a meetup group thing at Rock Rimmon.  Got a feeling any of those places you mentioned will be slightly more enjoyable than the ghettos of Manchester....

Offline xcrag_corex

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 11:00:54 PM »
Dan. I hope you are vaccinated. As a side note: the syringes present ARE NOT Said vaccinations.
-Jeremy Ballou

"know how to rock, ain't afraid to roll"

Offline perswig

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2014, 12:45:31 PM »
Doubtful Dan wants to see ANY more syringes in his immediate future!  Glad to see he's improving and getting out, including sandbagging himself on .10s.

Dale

(edit:  hey, Dan, my schedule and free time have been pretty erratic, but would be glad to get out with you.  Let me know; occasional Thursdays, occ Sat, more often Sundays)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 03:12:10 PM by perswig »

Offline danf

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2014, 10:05:16 PM »
Dale, Thursdays will be when I will be most often free and without a partner.  Normally my wife climbs with me on weekends.  Only issue is I'm currently putting in 12+ hour days and I'm working on the Seacoast quite a bit.  Keep in touch and know it'll be a day-to-day thing with me. ;)

Offline old_school

• NEClimbs God
  • "Climb Now, Work Later."
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2014, 07:29:04 AM »
Caveats - I may or may not recall how to tie in; you have to sign a non-disclosure in case I whine a lot; I have no MP profile.
Dale

LMAO!!  ;D ;)
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes."

Offline perswig

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2014, 06:38:27 AM »
You laugh, Grammy, but my damn Sunday partner agreed to climb on halfs, which means, like, tying in, like, TWICE each time.

It was hard.
Dale

Offline old_school

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2014, 08:34:27 AM »
You laugh, Grammy, but my damn Sunday partner agreed to climb on halfs, which means, like, tying in, like, TWICE each time.

It was hard.
Dale

LAMO..I just tie the two together in the middle with an overhand...then you have 400' of rope to link the pitches and only one tie in point....and that's why I make the BIG bucks!!!
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes."

Offline neiceclimber

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2014, 11:46:02 AM »
Whoa, whoa, whoa, it's a half rope so that means half the knots, or am I missing something? Grammy adding a knot weakens the rope, you want to splice them together and re cauterize.

Offline JBrochu

• NEClimbs God
  • Doing God's work
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2014, 12:09:11 PM »
I sort of understand how you get a whole rope up there... But how do you get a half rope up there?  ???
Have a quiche, now, or maybe a tort.  You deserve it!
-bristolpipe

I like to keep things simple, even if it's faaaken painful and miserable.
-Stoney Middleton

This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.
-Friar Tuck

Offline old_school

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2014, 12:10:32 PM »
Whoa, whoa, whoa, it's a half rope so that means half the knots, or am I missing something? Grammy adding a knot weakens the rope, you want to splice them together and re cauterize.

Well...I understand that now...thus the username "Old School". I just can't keep up with the new techniques.  ;)

Offline Jeff

• NEClimbs God
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2014, 09:56:54 AM »
To Grammy: As I've told you before: " Just keep thinking Butch, it's what you're good at!"  (with respect to the Sundance Kid)

Offline old_school

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2014, 11:24:45 AM »
To Grammy: As I've told you before: " Just keep thinking Butch, it's what you're good at!"  (with respect to the Sundance Kid)

+1   ;) ;D

Offline perswig

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2014, 08:20:11 PM »
OK, for all you NOT here for the frivolity and mirth (ha!)...

Same deal, interested in Sunday, willing to do NC or Acadia.  Bottom to top WH, cragging, all is good.
Pretty sure I've got the tie-in thing down, thanks to the experts here on NEClimbs.

Email/PM me.
Dale

DLottmann

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2014, 11:44:18 PM »
Dale if I didn't have a day full of getting 4 generations together for fathers day (only 3 are fathers), I would love to climb with ya... but alas... what I said...