NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please help young, deserving climbers  (Read 86 times)

JennaLee202

• NEClimbs Newbie
  • Keep on rockin' in the free world.
Please help young, deserving climbers
« on: July 26, 2004, 07:08:32 PM »

I am a senior at John Stark Regional High School in Weare, NH.  Each senior must successfully complete a senior project in order to graduate; I have chosen to coordinate a rock climbing trip to Joshua Tree National Park located in southern California during the last week in February. No such trip has ever taken place at my school as many students do not have the funds to finance this once-in-a-lifetime experience.  For many of these students, this will be their first time on an airplane or outside of the Granite state.  This is not a school-sponsored trip; it is an independent project and I DO NOT receive funds from John Stark High School.

The reason I am posting this is to ask for your help in making this trip possible.  I am aware that our scheduled car wash and other planned fundraisers may only put a small dent in the overall cost of this trip.  The estimated cost of the trip per person is $950 which includes airfare, food, lodging, rental van and most importantly guidance and instruction from experienced, certified climbing instructors.  Students of all grade levels have expressed deep interest in the trip, but money, unfortunately, has become the pivotal factor in making a decision.  

I am asking you, or anyone you may know of, to help support this extraordinary learning experience for the children in my community and for those who one day may find themselves a future in outdoor leadership and education.  An experience like this not only teaches safe climbing, but also builds character, self-esteem and develops skills necessary to work in groups.  Please consider contributing to this very special experience.  

If you are interested in making a monetary contribution of any amount, please feel free to email me (Jenna_Cruite@hotmail.com) for more detailed information. As a sincere thank you, your name or company name will appear in the final credits of my video documenting the trip as well as on the t-shirts to be made for those attending the trip.

**Please help us make this dream become reality.  Thank you for your time and consideration.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 22 queries.