NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: examination type or homework style.  (Read 245 times)

lucky luke

• NEClimbs God
examination type or homework style.
« on: June 24, 2014, 03:48:05 PM »

when a child go to school, he can be test in two way: 1- examination is a formal test of a person's knowledge...you climb a route and you know all the move. So, you can show off every body that you have the knowledge. If an hold broke as you climb...not your fault. You do your homework: you did every move separately to complete realisation

2- research: systematic investigation into and study of materials and sources in order to establish facts and reach new conclusions... you climb a route and know nothing about it. You study the pattern of fracture of the rock and examine the holds and how you can climb it. You make assumption to where you are going to rest and protect the climb. You establish sequences of movement and try to do it. I conclude that I can climb similar route every where in the words, or that I have to practice a little bit more some technique

Personally, I prefer research than following the bla bla bla of a good teacher. I prefer to test my capacity while climbing. Unfortunately, I need some times to listen to holder climber that resolve the problem before me. I don't have to reinvent the wheel. But I learn it as technique that I can use every where , not as some thing that I have to do to climb a particular route.

do you prefer to do practice for an exam or to do a research?

(on the road, by kirouac, research of ourselves on road trip)     

JBrochu

• NEClimbs God
  • Doing God's work
Re: examination type or homework style.
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 04:59:51 PM »

I prefer method 3: listen to nobody, bang my head against the wall, then rinse and repeat.   
Have a quiche, now, or maybe a tort.  You deserve it!
-bristolpipe

I like to keep things simple, even if it's faaaken painful and miserable.
-Stoney Middleton

This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.
-Friar Tuck

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 05:55:19 PM »

Fuck Kerouc..i learn by doing new routes..i actually learn quite bit.

DLottmann

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 09:03:26 PM »

...I prefer research than following the bla bla bla of a good teacher...Unfortunately, I need some times to listen to older climber that resolve the problem before me...

Contradictions abound

“bla bla bla” is how you hear solid advice

frik

• NEClimbs God
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 08:48:18 AM »

Everyone should pay attention.... there is real artwork here. Notice how, in this totally unrelated post, Luke still manages to slip in a dig against tradman... brilliant.

This is a man who is at the top of his game.

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2014, 10:03:58 AM »

I'm going out to do a hands on class today..drilling bolts into rock, quite f ew actually
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.243 seconds with 23 queries.