Author Topic: Accident on Cathedral on Barber Wall - 7/12/2014  (Read 6327 times)

Offline DaveR

• NEClimbs God
Re: Accident on Cathedral on Barber Wall - 7/12/2014
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2014, 07:38:49 AM »
I only met Brian once in the office at IME talking with him, Rick and Brad. What a cool guy. My thoughts go out to his family. I'm sure this will be very difficult for them, especially his daughter.

RIP Brian
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 07:41:12 AM by DaveR »

Offline dominic7

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2014, 09:38:08 AM »
Hello everyone, we have set up an email address to collect stories and photos of our dear friend Brian Delaney. It is incredibly comforting to his family to hear of the ways he touched the hearts of so many people for so long. If you ever shared a smile or a conversation or a rope with him, met him through work or as a fellow parent, anything at all, please take a moment to send a reflection to briandelaneymemorial@gmail.com.

Pictures are also very much appreciated.

If you would like access to the email account to read the stories, please also let us know (we will also compile them and print hard copies later). He touched so many people and we are struggling to contact them all - please share this so we can reach as many of them as we can.

It is great to see so many thoughts and stories on here. Brian's family would be comforted if you took a moment to forward them on to the email account. Thanks to you all.

briandelaneymemorial@gmail.com

Offline frik

• NEClimbs God
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2014, 11:21:06 AM »
This is hard to take... and hard to believe.
I knew Brian from BITD, one of the nicest guys around... and solid.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 04:39:53 PM by frik »

Offline SA

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2014, 04:56:30 PM »
Jimmy Dunn wanted to pass on his condolences to Brian's family, and is very shocked to hear of his passing.

Jimmy is in a very remote part of Arizona working on his mining project, and has spotty cell phone reception, and no internet.

Offline dominic7

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2014, 01:12:57 PM »
Jimmy Dunn wanted to pass on his condolences to Brian's family, and is very shocked to hear of his passing.

Jimmy is in a very remote part of Arizona working on his mining project, and has spotty cell phone reception, and no internet.

Steve has anyone contacted Ed Webster? Brian and he were very close as you know. Ed gave an amazing lecture a couple of months ago on the history of climbing in the Northeast and Brian introduced him so eloquently.

Offline SA

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2014, 05:09:40 PM »
Dominic,

I sent Ed an email, but he didn't respond back. Perhaps he already knew about the accident thru other sources.

Offline strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2014, 05:32:38 PM »
i contacted Ed as well..i would bet he is pretty shaken up.

Offline neiceclimber

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2014, 06:42:43 PM »
There was a pretty decent article in the Portland Press Herald today, so I'm guessing Webster is aware.

Offline Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
Al Hospers

Offline danf

• NEClimbs Senior Member

Offline dominic7

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2014, 10:51:56 PM »
Dominic,

I sent Ed an email, but he didn't respond back. Perhaps he already knew about the accident thru other sources.

Thanks Steve. That campfire at Indian Creek pasture with you and Brian and that huge crowd you guys had was probably the best social event I've ever been to in my life. The one where Jim Donini was telling the story about eating the boiled monkeys in South America.

Offline kevin614d

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2014, 11:12:48 PM »
Very sad to hear.  I ran into him once during a summer I was working up there, and we were both top rope soloing on cathedral after work.  From the few minutes I talked to him, he seemed like a great member of the community. My thoughts go out to his friends and family in the area.

Is there any news of the cause?  This is something I have enjoyed doing, and plan on doing in the future.  I would really appreciate any details to make sure I am as safe as possible. 

Again my condolences.  He was an inspirational climber.

Offline Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2014, 08:16:07 AM »
I've been trying to get in touch with a couple of folks who have posted pictures of Brian to use as a cover picture, but so far no one has responded. If anyone has one they would be willing to share, I would appreciate it. Of course I will put your copyright on it.

Email me directly at AL (at) this web site...

ThnX
Al Hospers

Offline dominic7

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2014, 08:53:57 AM »
I've been trying to get in touch with a couple of folks who have posted pictures of Brian to use as a cover picture, but so far no one has responded. If anyone has one they would be willing to share, I would appreciate it. Of course I will put your copyright on it.

ThnX

Al, not sure if you saw my note. I have quite a few pictures of Brian that you can help yourself to.

Offline Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2014, 08:04:53 PM »

ThnX

Al, not sure if you saw my note. I have quite a few pictures of Brian that you can help yourself to.

never got anything Dom, but thnX
Al Hospers