Author Topic: climbing/forklift courses  (Read 2378 times)

Offline lucky luke

• NEClimbs God
climbing/forklift courses
« on: July 19, 2014, 10:33:37 AM »
I follow a fork lift course recently and they talk about the occurrence of accident in relation to the number of years of experiences.

They show that beginner and people with more than 15 years of experience are the two groups with more accident. The first one because they don't know enough, the last one because they did the technique too much time without problem.

For the fork lift, every driver most follow an other courses after three years. For climber...how do you revise your safety technique?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 06:22:51 PM by lucky luke »

Offline rbirk

• NEClimbs Full Member
Re: climbing/forklift courses
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 08:06:33 PM »
One way would be to climb with different people with different experience and background. You will always learn something new or have to explain why you do it your way.

Offline lucky luke

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2014, 09:18:03 AM »
One way would be to climb with different people with different experience and background. You will always learn something new or have to explain why you do it your way.
it is what I do. My hero are at the top of the pyramid. i will think about peter croft at the summit with Edlinger and Lynn Hill very close to him. will go down to local climber with Ed webster, Cote, Barber, Larson and, of course, Base with who I climb as a second because he his the leader even if I took the sharp end of the rope. learned a lot with him.

And there is people of my level with who I like to climb the workout of people higher in the pyramid and try new route. Under me there is intermediate climber with who I share my knowledge about leadership and working to make it easier for the leader by using a technique that the leader can control in a glance instead of a "dman teach me that it was o.k. like that", Learning that there is many good technique, but two good technique by to partner lead to a bad technique overall.

Teaching to new climber that they most learn a lot of think to climb safely. Showing that they learn for a situation that will happen one day, with one technique, in one second... and it could be your last decision. Test there reaction in a real situation where the climber feel that he his in danger. How to stay calm, etc.

So, I agree to climb with different people. it is more than climbing with my best friend and doing a close party with the same technique. It was why it was so much fun before to climb at cathedral with all those friendly climber.   

Offline JBro

• NEClimbs God
  • Doing God's work
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2014, 12:33:45 PM »
Have a quiche, now, or maybe a tort.  You deserve it!
-bristolpipe

I like to keep things simple, even if it's faaaken painful and miserable.
-Stoney Middleton

This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.
-Friar Tuck

Lucky4Uguys

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2014, 03:40:51 PM »
I follow a fork lift course recently and they talk about the occurrence of accident in relation to the number of years of experiences.

They show that beginner and people with more than 15 years of experience are the two groups with more accident. The first one because they don't know enough, the last one because they did the technique too much time without problem.

For the fork lift, every driver most follow an other courses after three years. For climber...how do you revise your safety technique?

Summary:
Fork lift = Pick up things and them put down (i.e. Fitness Planet)
Rookie Climber = No's not to much (i.e. This clothes line do should the trick!)
Expert climber = Thinks knows he more (i.e. Deeze bolts are great, this cam bomber not so much lets who see I can confuse)

sneoh

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2014, 09:49:06 PM »
it is what I do. My hero are at the top of the pyramid. i will think about peter croft at the summit with Edlinger and Lynn Hill very close to him.
Hey, Luke, I thought you had said Edlinger is only Okay since he has a "sport mentality".
Do I detect a change in tone?  There is hope yet! :)

Offline lucky luke

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2014, 07:33:28 AM »
Hey, Luke, I thought you had said Edlinger is only Okay since he has a "sport mentality".

Nop. Edlinger was a sport climber and he was doing solo at a high level. He also sign a manifest again competition in climbing because it will bring a situation where the people want to climb hard, and harder than the other, just to show there superiority as many of you who critic me do (Strandman for example describe a situation where he met patrick). Edlinger was for a practice in the direction of personal development and was for the autonomy of the climber in his activity what ever his strengh. The book he wrote with two university teacher, was a bible as good as mountaineering freedom of the hill. He describe technique to improve the skill of the climber and the psychological approach of the commitment.

I learned a lot and make good training and I was really stronger. i still can pull around 1.55 percent of my weight and don't go to the gym to ofen recently.

Peter croft and Lynn Hill are differennt, but they are similar in the respect of other practice and on the diversity of style and ethic. Autonomy is still very important for them, particularly for Croft.   

Lucky4Uguys

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2014, 07:53:40 PM »

Nop. Edlinger was a sport climber and he was doing solo at a high level. He also sign a manifest again competition in climbing because it will bring a situation where the people want to climb hard, and harder than the other, just to show there superiority as many of you who critic me do (Strandman for example describe a situation where he met patrick). Edlinger was for a practice in the direction of personal development and was for the autonomy of the climber in his activity what ever his strengh. The book he wrote with two university teacher, was a bible as good as mountaineering freedom of the hill. He describe technique to improve the skill of the climber and the psychological approach of the commitment.

I learned a lot and make good training and I was really stronger. i still can pull around 1.55 percent of my weight and don't go to the gym to ofen recently.

Peter croft and Lynn Hill are differennt, but they are similar in the respect of other practice and on the diversity of style and ethic. Autonomy is still very important for them, particularly for Croft.   

This should be considered a new thread topic LL. We should get back to the forklift. I lifted a few weights today and my arms are tired. I think tomorrow I will work on my legs, I assume they should be tired tomorrow evening. I may have to use a scale to measure my squatting force to knee pressure ratio. Then I will work on my nuts, maybe dangle them around and listen for any imperfections.

Offline lucky luke

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2014, 09:43:18 AM »

Lass route I climbed, I was rapping a route and I stop in the middle of the pitch to pull the rope down, so it won't be catch in branches and crack.

To do that, I found a stance and take my two hands on the rope to do a good rope. In doing that, I remove my hands from the braking end of the rappel. Sure enough, I pull the rope and loose stance. I wasn't able to take the braking rope back. Lucky, I grab some thing and don't felt all the way to the bottom.

Be carefull, be aware of this danger, easy to avoid.

Offline frik

• NEClimbs God
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2014, 03:58:57 PM »
I keep my safety technique up to date by making sure i ignore everything LL says, always! 

strandman

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2014, 02:35:37 PM »
I guess meeting someone is a superiority thing now ???

PE must have driven a forklift sometime because he on sited some pretty hard crack climbs   ???

Offline mderick963

• NEClimbs Junior Member
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2019, 07:05:37 PM »
BUY 100% UNDETECTABLE COUNTERFEIT MONEY 

Wickr me: benesj892

http://www.genuinestatutes.com

we supply perfectly reproduced reai money with holograms and all
security features available.
Indistinguishable to the eye and to touch.

SHIPPING OR DELIVERY TO ANY LOCATION OR POSTAL ADDRESS, delivery is discrete

-Our bills/notes bypass everything, counterfeit pens and machines.
-We have the best HOLOGRAMS AND DUPLICATING MACHINES
-UV: YES
-All security fermetures available
-Why would you buy from us?
Our banknotes contain the following security features that make
it to be genius and we have the best grade counterfeit in the world both
Euro and Dollar and any bills of your choice you want.
Security features of our bank notes below :
Intaglio printing
Watermarks
Security thread
See-through register
Special foil/special foil elements
Iridescent stripe / shifting colors.

http://www.genuinestatutes.com

Website: http://www.genuinestatutes.com/buy-counterfeit-currencies-grade-aa-quality-bills/

#CounterfeitMoney. #Ourbillsnotesbypasseverything, #, #buyundetectablecounterfeitmoneyonline, #buyfakemoneytopassuvpen.
Visit our website: http://www.genuinestatutes.com

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Tapatalk