Author Topic: too many accidents  (Read 2446 times)

Offline lucky luke

• NEClimbs God
Re: too many accidents
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2014, 08:50:23 AM »
In anam, they wrote (don't remember the year) that the bolt don't lower the number of accident...the fatality is more the case of the climber who want to show off.[...]

I like how you must have read about a sport climber dying in ANAM and decided they were "showing off". You have a knack for this kind of rationalization

You wrote about sport climber!!!

do you think that there is no body who want to show off in trad?

Many years before, some of you said that bolt reduce the number of accident and cathedral most be bolt for that reason.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 08:50:41 AM by lucky luke »

Echo

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2014, 09:18:31 AM »
Many years before, some of you said that bolt reduce the number of accident and cathedral most be bolt for that reason.

Nope. You might be referring to the Bombardment anchor I proposed. Had nothing to do with safety.

strandman

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2014, 11:59:54 AM »
i LOVE climbing fast..maybe not as fast as before and the big thing is you gotta accept the risk..Royal Arches a good speed target is pretty easy..just over an hour...but if you fuck up..both most likely will die

Cut close to the edge...carefully

Offline lucky luke

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2014, 09:03:04 AM »
i LOVE climbing fast..maybe not as fast as before and the big thing is you gotta accept the risk..Royal Arches a good speed target is pretty easy..just over an hour...but if you fuck up..both most likely will die

Cut close to the edge...carefully

I saw a father and son party in royal arches...in trad ethic... the father pull on gear on 5.6 to make the move, did bad route finding and the anchor was completely...well, there was no anchor. In a fall, both of them will have died

I report the problem to the ranger and some thing was done, fortunately. I should have stay with them, but my other partners just want to bail because they don't want to see the accident. The boy had 13 or 14 years. a weakness from me, I bail too.