Author Topic: Climbers4Kerry  (Read 1096 times)

Offline c4k

• NEClimbs Newbie
Climbers4Kerry
« on: June 27, 2004, 05:50:46 PM »
I just wanted to spread the word about a group that has formed to motivate political action in the climbing community.  We are called Climbers4Kerry, (guess who we support!), and we have a website that talks about John Kerry's positions on issues that affect climbers. We also have testimonials from climbers about why this presidential election is so important to them.  Check it out!

http://www.Climbers4Kerry.com

Offline Paulthenurse

• NEClimbs Newbie
  • I used to love YaBB 1G SP1, but she dumped me!
Re: Climbers4Kerry
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2004, 03:34:23 AM »

we have a website that talks about John Kerry's positions on issues...

Oh, now THAT's funny!!!  Closed my eyes and tried to imagine Kerry actually taking a position on an issue but my imagination's not that good.

PTN

Scuba, sailing, sex, supper, suds, sleeping, skiing.  How come all the really good things in life start with S?

Offline astr

• NEClimbs Newbie
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2004, 10:57:58 AM »
wow -- good comeback. you must really be aware of the issues!

is it that you don't like john kerry's nuanced approach or is that you, like bush, view the world through a manichean lense? or maybe i have pegged you incorrectly; you're actually for nader, who now seems to telling his fans, "support me now, but maybe just vote for kerry on november 2."

have you actually read anything about kerry or are you just regurgitating what the bush campaign puts in their ads? here's some advice: read a newspaper and watch less tv.

but in case you can't be bothered, here's a start:

kerry believes in energy independence, which means producing and exporting energy, instead of importing oil from middle eastern countries (or, golly, invading them for it in the name of...wait, why did we go to war?!!? talk about flip flopping!).

kerry advocates affordable health care. what has bush done for that cause? the united states is THE ONLY INDUSTRIALISED NATION WITHOUT A NATIONAL HEALTH CARE SYSTEM. bush would rather sell ours off to the highest bidder. you don't have to be communist to see the value in social welfare policies. are you a follower of friedman or keynes?

while some naderites or kucinich fans would rather see us pull everyone out of iraq yesterday, we're in too deep at this point. to pull everyone out would end in even more violence and hatred at this point. kerry favors a multilateral approach to iraq. to have multilateralism, he will have to repair all the ties that bush has broken with his european counterparts.

i could go on and on, but the point is really: what kind of world do you want to live in? One where our government shoves fear and intimidation down our throats and betrays our own constitution, or one where we try to solve problems, not create them? and in case you haven't noticed, george bush is just a puppet for cheney and his neo-con cronies.  

fuckstick

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2004, 11:06:20 AM »
is michael moore posintg on here?   :P

Offline Paulthenurse

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2004, 01:32:55 AM »

wow -- good comeback. you must really be aware of the issues!

is it that you don't like john kerry's nuanced approach or is that you, like bush, view the world through a manichean lense?...

Blah, blah, blah...  Noise, noise, noise...  Rant, rant, rant...

and in case you haven't noticed, george bush is just a puppet for cheney and his neo-con cronies.  

Hey, you forgot to mention that "Bush started the war in Iraq just so that his oil buddies could get richer!"

Damn, I love Democrats!  The single most entertaining group of people on the planet.

PTN
Scuba, sailing, sex, supper, suds, sleeping, skiing.  How come all the really good things in life start with S?

Offline tradmanclimbz

• NEClimbs God
  • Nick Goldsmith
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2004, 06:47:01 AM »
Paul, I aint a democrat, I aint a doctor or vetrinarian either but I do know a dead horses arse when i smell one ::)

Offline Broken_Spectre

• NEClimbs Full Member
  • climbing-YAY!
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2004, 06:53:01 AM »
Actually, we don't really know why bush invaded Iraq since his motives have changed month to month - WMD, AL Qaeda, democratic domino theory.  It's kind of hard to discredit his rationale when he presents such a fast moving target.  Just when people start coming up with facts that dissprove the assertions that the administration has made, they simply shift their rationale to something else before the truth gains traction.  

Offline tradmanclimbz

• NEClimbs God
  • Nick Goldsmith
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2004, 08:19:48 AM »
As near as i can tell carl rove and company are premeated with evil and most likly have sold their soles to the devil. kerry is no great prize but what choice do we have?????????????

Offline sheclimbs

• NEClimbs Newbie
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2004, 08:48:42 AM »
If things keep going the way they have been for the past 4 years, we will not know what 'choice' is.
But don't worry, a new patriot act will take care of all the choices we might have - as a matter of fact it's best to give up all individual thinking.  :o

Offline cowboy

• NEClimbs Newbie
  • twisted steel and sex appeal
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2004, 03:32:45 PM »
Give 'em hell PTN.  I'm the only one over on NEice with the balls to call out these f!#*ing leftist sissies.  I think they all recently got hitched in New Paltz. ;D

Offline Paulthenurse

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2004, 06:57:08 PM »
Actually I don't think I was giving anyone hell.  I was pointing out (More for my own amusement than anything else) how earnest, strident and nervous Kerrys supporters are.  I made a simple humorous remark and was called stupid, uninformed and a dead, smelly horses ass.  No big deal, I just consider the source. ;)

I get a huge kick out of watching Democrats in action.  Here we have political party that feels that Bush is trying to push his principles down the throats of the masses  :((not without some justification); feels that the sitting president is a dolt  :o(not without some justification); feels that special interest groups get preferential treatment to individuals  ???(not without some justification); and feels that it had the last election stolen away  :'((not without some justification.)  

And the best they can come up with is John Kerry?    ;DROTHFLMAO ;D!!!!

PTN
(It's all fun and games, boys and girls.  Relax.)

Offline c4k

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2004, 07:19:06 PM »
Paul I think you got some good points.  Especially about keeping humor up in the place.
My hope, (and no one who knows me would describe me as nervous or ernest), my hope is that we climbers, who get REALLY wrapped up in our sport,(nothing else matters, right?), we realize that politics can affect us.  Vote for Bush if you want, just get out there and vote, and make an informed choice. And keep reminding people not too take everything seriously.
-c4k

Offline astr

• NEClimbs Newbie
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2004, 01:10:10 PM »

PTN: point taken.

as for "And the best they can come up with is John Kerry?    ROTHFLMAO !!!! "

he's still better than that shrub sitting in the white house right now.

i mean, really, the best the republicans can come up with is George Bush?

Offline Paulthenurse

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2004, 04:19:56 AM »
~~he's still better than that shrub sitting in the white house right now.  

i mean, really, the best the republicans can come up with is George Bush?~~

Look on the bright side... Al Gore could have been Commander-in-Chief on 9/12 and we all would have had to learn to speak Afgani. :o ;D
PTN

Offline Jim_Ewing

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2004, 05:59:57 AM »
~Al Gore could have been Commander-in-Chief on 9/12 and we all would have had to learn to speak Afgani.~

What language does W speak?  It's not English for sure, American or otherwise.
Besides we will never know what kind of a job Al Gore would have done.

Let's NOT elect George this time either.