NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Climbers4Kerry  (Read 1044 times)

tradmanclimbz

• NEClimbs God
  • Nick Goldsmith
Re: Climbers4Kerry
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2004, 08:26:18 AM »

Kerry is no doubt pretty weak but the current situation is so desperate that I would gladly vote for donald duck if i thought he could dispose the current regime. the plan is to get the radical christin fundamentalist whack jobs out of there and then hope for better choices in the next election. I would even vote for a more reasonable republican (john McCain for example) in the next election if that was the best choice available.

cowboy

• NEClimbs Newbie
  • twisted steel and sex appeal
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2004, 11:37:13 AM »

So ignorant.......sooo sad.  You guys are gonna cry about whoever is in office because that is the climber's nature.  By and large you are antiestablishment.  That is why you all piss, moan, and cry about bolting, fixed anchors, chopping bolts, style matters, blah, blah, blah.  You just didn't play enough team sports as children, and as adults you still don't play well with others.

ccclimber

• NEClimbs Junior Member
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2004, 12:07:33 PM »

i gotta go with W cause1..i'm a taxpayer and can't afford the dems...2..love my guns

some side notes..saw the other day some wild numbers like the dems have lost 4 million voters last election due to abortion and this next election goes up to something like 10 million...if anyone saw the article and has the correct numbers let me know...the dems kill off their own future voters.

kerry stated that if the us were invaded he would check with the un to ok our retaliation and to that i say no F*&#ing way
i want our commander in chief to kick ass and take names later
Ed

M_Sprague

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2004, 01:14:41 PM »

kerry stated that if the us were invaded he would check with the un to ok our retaliation and to that i say no F*&#ing way
i want our commander in chief to kick ass and take names later

You have got to be kidding. and when did he say that? Where do you read this stuff, the Drudge report? also, it is under the republicans that the deficts have gone through the roof and the states haven't been funded. That is why state and local taxes have risen so much. If you are a property owner and you look at the net taxes, I bet the total is up. It is only the very wealthy who are better off economicly. The middle class and poor are getting screwwed.

By the way, Kerry is a gun owner and a hunter
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is not a path and leave a trail."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

M_Sprague

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2004, 01:35:12 PM »

A man went into a bar to check out the new robotic bartender. When he sidled up to the bar the bartender asked: "What's your IQ?" "150" said the man.The bartender then started up a conversation about philosophy and quantum mechanics. The customer then stepped outside for a moment and then came back up to the bar. "What's your IQ?" asked the bartender. "100" said the man. The robot started talking about sports and cars. Intrigued, the man stepped out for a second time. "What's your IQ?" the bartender asked. "50". Bartender- " so you must be voting for George Bush"
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is not a path and leave a trail."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Jim_Ewing

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2004, 01:46:08 PM »

~the dems have lost 4 million voters last election due to abortion...~

I love this one.  Dubya wants to protect unborn fetuses from abortion but has eased restrictions on mercury emissions which, it just so happens, harm unborn fetuses.

The man has also made us the most hated country/people on the planet.  How do you suppose that will keep us from being targets of terrorism?

I could go on for ages about Dubya's contradictory policies and practices but I would rather not waste my time, he's wasted enough of all of ours already.

sheclimbs

• NEClimbs Newbie
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2004, 02:14:21 PM »

To: ccclimber. You wrote:

"i want our commander in chief to kick ass and take names later"

Your commander is such a great ass kicker, that AFTER he heard about 9/11, he sat in front of a group of kindergarteners and read a book about a GOAT - not knowing what else to do without Cheney, Candy, Rumpsstick and the rest of them telling him what to do.

Then they told him to kick ass and guess what - he got all gung-ho, got his cowboy boots polished and road off into the wrong country...

Woody48

• NEClimbs Junior Member
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2004, 03:03:33 PM »

Just got my Bush/Cheney 04 bumper sticker!  It's going right onto my SUV!  As I've said before, if John Kerry gets into office, I'd bet that he would choose Fidel Castro as his Secretary of State.  
Woody

jeremy

• NEClimbs Newbie
  • .efil si darT
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2004, 05:20:06 PM »

Just got my Bush/Cheney 04 bumper sticker!  It's going right onto my SUV!  As I've said before, if John Kerry gets into office, I'd bet that he would choose Fidel Castro as his Secretary of State.  

I'll jump in here ...

Paul, you say that you love watching democrats work ... that they're entertaining or whatnot ... well, watching conservatives work makes me physically ill. I can't stand reading and listening to the shallow arguements of conservatives that seem to constantly attack character instead of focus on issues. There are many fine characters who would make great dinner guests but terrible presidents. that's simply not the point of politics.

i have read, on this thread, lefties attacking character as well, but at least there is some issues-talk mixed in.

Turn on conservative talk radio and see what I mean. One of the best comments on this thread was that joke about IQ level. Not all Bush supporters are low-functioning, but boy, those low IQ folks are awfully easy to brainwash. Take a look at the majority of media and higher education. Folks who have spent significant portions of their lives studying the world and the way it works lean left, primarily.

cowboy

• NEClimbs Newbie
  • twisted steel and sex appeal
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2004, 10:57:43 AM »

Jeremy, are you on crack????  The only higher educated people who lean to the left are literature/drama/art professors, some east/west coast law professors, etc.  And they only lean left because they are still in academia.  They could not survive in the work force.  I know very few doctors, dentists, attorneys, pharmicists, engineers, etc. who lean left.  These people work for a living, and they know the truth.  

Paulthenurse

• NEClimbs Newbie
  • I used to love YaBB 1G SP1, but she dumped me!
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2004, 02:30:40 AM »

Jeremy, lets just agree to disagree on this.  I find that my personal beliefs are better suited by a different political philosophy than you do.  Doesn't mean you're wrong, and doesn't mean I'm wrong either.  I believe very strongly in personal responsibility, that I am responable for myself and my actions.  I don't want or need a strong government to decide for me what is best for me.  I don't want to be told that my old wood and rawhide snowshoes don't meet the current standards, that I can't head into the woods without x number of days of food, that I don't have enough cams for a given climb, that I have to pay 1/3rd of my gross salary to support programs that I don't believe in, etc  When we climbed Monadnock that day, I carried a bivy sack, a stove, snowshoes and crampons in my rucksack.  Overkill for a dayhike?  Maybe, but I was prepared to take care of myself should the need arise.  My choice.  Given that it was my arse out in 0 degree weather, I think what I did was prudent.  What if there was a ranger at the base who insisted that we didn't have the required gear given the conditions and turned us back?  That is the major difference between the parties, IMO.  You can try to save people from themselves, or let them deal with the consequenses of their actions.  With freedom comes responsability, unfortunately, there are too many people who shirk that responsability.
PTN
(BTW, in no way am I saying YOU are personally irresponsable.  I don't believe that and it wasn't my intent to imply that.  I don't think I did, but better to not piss off a friend. :))
Paul
Scuba, sailing, sex, supper, suds, sleeping, skiing.  How come all the really good things in life start with S?

tradmanclimbz

• NEClimbs God
  • Nick Goldsmith
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2004, 07:23:57 AM »

Paul, If you truely belive in less govt. then how can you support these whackos?? They make up the rules as they go allong and we have to follow them regardless of who we vote for. You cry about a few domestic programs to help us in our old age and blame it all on the dems while the wack jobs spend bazilions of $$$$$$$$$$$ trying to give all those bennifits to a bunch of crazy towelheads that really just want to pray to allah repress their women and kill westerners. It blows me away that conservative types tend to blindly vote for the hand that bites them ::)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2004, 10:08:55 AM by tradmanclimbz »

tradmanclimbz

• NEClimbs God
  • Nick Goldsmith
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2004, 01:44:05 PM »

Yo Cowboy!!!! this is the post over here were you can spout off about what a great right wing fanatic you are ::)

trad_doc

• NEClimbs Junior Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2004, 06:05:03 PM »

I'm no flaming liberal, but I strongly suspect that 100 years from now this administration will generally be considered to be the worst administration in the history of the country.  Worse than Nixon.  Worse than anyone.  Ever.  Period.  The devastation these guys have wrecked upon our great country is staggering.  Financially.  Militarily.  Environmentally.  Socially.  There's no end.  It's like a black hole of incompetence.  /end rant/   :P

tradmanclimbz

• NEClimbs God
  • Nick Goldsmith
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2004, 09:52:58 PM »

Pure concentrated evil (monty python)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 22 queries.