Author Topic: Climbers4Kerry  (Read 1103 times)

Offline sheclimbs

• NEClimbs Newbie
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Climbers4Kerry
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2004, 09:55:27 AM »
We have tumbled back a few hundred years in human evolution (blinded by religious convictions of our 'leaders') and really quite fascinating 'cause these 'leaders' still manage to convince the vast majority of right wingers to believe that we are actualy making progress...

Offline Dick_Clark

• NEClimbs Newbie
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2004, 09:12:56 PM »
   bush criticizes Kerry for his war record. Well George, lets see absolute proof of your military service (bush points to this service to his credit yet can't establish it).
  bush criticizes Kerry as being in the pocket of special intrests or big business. Um, George? Is there a group of public sector worker more connected with the worlds richest corporations than your cabinet? Cheney and the energy task force? Quick, how many former oil corp. CEOs does it take to fuck us all out the human future of the planet?
   Oh yeah, my favorite. bush criticises Kerry for being rich. Seriously.
  Separation of church and state. Snowmobiles in national parks. WMD. Kyoto. ABM treaty. Suspected terrorists being locked up, killed, held indefinately (whoops your just a 14 year old farm kid from Afghanistan). Lying to us, the congress, the U.N. the world.
   This guy will not relent in his destruction of the American way, all the while maintaining that he's really saving it. Many are too shallow or ignorant to recognize it.

Offline SCUD

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2004, 07:23:16 PM »
Al,  when are you going to end this nonsense. c4k registered w/ NE Climbs with a single intention, political. He posted his political ad exactly 4 minutes after registering. It seems pretty obvious to me where his interest lies. Your fine site is turning into a political playground thanks to c4k and I for one am losing interest in the NE Climbs forum. Let them post their political comments in another appropriate site. Let's keep climbing free & clean.   - SCUD
"Going to the mountains is going home." -John Muir

DLottmann

« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2004, 08:56:19 PM »
Al,  when are you going to end this nonsense. c4k registered w/ NE Climbs with a single intention, political. He posted his political ad exactly 4 minutes after registering. It seems pretty obvious to me where his interest lies. Your fine site is turning into a political playground thanks to c4k and I for one am losing interest in the NE Climbs forum. Let them post their political comments in another appropriate site. Let's keep climbing free & clean.   - SCUD

Not that I like seeing this stuff here, in ck4's defense read his original post.  He simply made mention of a seperate website to discuss these matters.  It was the other readers on this site that chose to have the debate.  That isn't ck4's fault.

Offline Schandy

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2004, 06:46:50 AM »
yawn....

Offline rundontwalk

• NEClimbs Newbie
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2004, 06:29:11 PM »
My wife got me some bitchin' anti-Bush bumper stickers while in DC a couple weeks ago:

THANKS FOR NOT PAYING ATTENTION!
ASSES OF EVIL
FOUR MORE WARS!
IT TAKES A VILLAGE IDIOT
BECAUSE WE'RE GOODER!

They really put a smile on my face. I also learned that Bush has penchant for nicknaming all of his buds in the WH. When I learned that he calls Carl Rove "Turd Blossom" is the moment I decided regardless of how I might feel about Kerry I am just gonna vote against GW. This is a simple man, god bless him.

Offline Broken_Spectre

• NEClimbs Full Member
  • climbing-YAY!
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2004, 08:23:20 AM »
Not to be a conspiracy theorist, but when I see this kind of stuff going down :

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5411741/site/newsweek

I begin to wonder whether it isn't so crazy to envision Bush subverting the constitution and appointing himself dictator.

By the way, Cowboy, I happen to be an electrical engineer and find bush to be, without question, the single worst president in history. I can forgive other presidents their infractions (well, aside from Nixon)- John Adams  (the alien and sedition acts), Clinton (the BJ), even Reagan (the dealings with the contras and Iran), etc., but Bush has, at every juncture, sought to damage the institutions and credibility of this country that so many have fought and died for to protect.  That is why it is impossible for me to support such idiocy.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2004, 08:24:24 AM by Broken_Spectre »

Offline charliebrown

• NEClimbs Newbie
  • I got a rock....
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2004, 11:00:25 AM »
 Broken Spectre wrote: "Bush has, atevery juncture, sought to damage the institutions and credibility of this country that so many have fought and died for to protect"

what specifically has bush done?

Offline Broken_Spectre

• NEClimbs Full Member
  • climbing-YAY!
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2004, 11:50:09 AM »
hmmm... such a broad request - I'll answer in broad terms.

Iraq - whatever your feelings are about the "traditional" allies france, germany, russia they provide a huge deal of muscle on the international stage and now they are substantially less willing to come to the aid of the the United States due to our actions in Iraq.  Regardless of your opinion about the Iraq war being just or not, you cannot deny that it has significantly affected relations between the United States and a number of other countries.  

Social Security - the 2000 debates revolved around putting the SS surplus in a "lockbox".  Bush promised not to touch it.  Within 1 year of taking office, Bush began to use this money to prop up the budget numbers thus making the insolvency of the institution approach that much more quickly.

The environment - Generally, most scientific research has been disregarded by this administration with respect to the environment.  Scientific American had a great article about 2 months ago condemning the administration for it's distortion, disregard and even outright manipulation of science for its ends.  As far as I know, SA is not typically regarded as a partisan publication. Specifically, I would note that deregulation of environmental regs on power plants, clean water and the attempts at opening public land for resource explotation are prime examples of damaging the US institution of conservation as envisioned and established by Theodore Roosevelt.

Immigration policy - Explain to me how the lunacy of bush illegal immigration policy makes sense?   Allow anyone who slips over the border illegally amnesty, while people who go through legal channels and wait years for entry into the country get nowhere.   Take about encouraging illegal immigration.  

Tax cuts - whether you agree or not for a tax cut, Bush originally intended the tax cut to return the budget surplus to the people, but when the economy tanked, the tax cut was to improve the economy.  I cannot understand how the tax cut could be justified as improving a bad economy if it is demanded in both a good and a bad economy.  It simply appears, that yet again, Bush is concealing his true intention.  He wants to give a tax cut regardless of the status of the US economy, but uses the bad economy to justify it.  I will also say that I am NOT opposed to a tax cut if it is fair across the board and the intentions of the tax cut are clear - ie; returning a surplus to the people.  It is not, however, in my opinion, a valid tool for reviving a soft economy.  I particularly am angry because I will be paying the interest on all the money borrowed by the Bush administration to support the tax cut for years to come. Fiscal discipline means cutting back spending and increasing income, not spending more and taking in less income.  

I could go on, however I need to work to afford to support Bush's absurd wastes of money.  

Offline charliebrown

• NEClimbs Newbie
  • I got a rock....
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2004, 12:16:41 PM »
aside from the iraq issue his policies arent any worse or better than any others.

you made it sound like he is trying to destroy the country or something so i thought you would have really good reasons for saying he is the worst president aside from his stand on tax cuts and the environment

Offline Broken_Spectre

• NEClimbs Full Member
  • climbing-YAY!
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2004, 12:36:42 PM »
Does missappropriation of funds mean anything to you?  Say using $700 million dollars assigned to be spent in Afghanistan for Iraq?  Noone in the media seems to be harping on this even though it is a violation of the US constitution.  How about detaining US citizens indefinitely without trial?  Seems as though that does not really follow in the founder's footsteps either.  How about blantant disregard for fradulent bookeeping by US contractors in Iraq?  
How about using false rationale for commiting US forces to combat?  How about denying any accountability for the actions of your administration?  How about weakening SEC regulations on corporate crime and cracking down on the attorney general of states that attempt to enforce laws?

If this does not seem like disregard for the priciples upon which this country was founded, I don't know what is.  These are indisputed facts, not some conspiracy theory BS. Previous presidents have been impeached for far less - Clinton for lying about a sexual affair, Johnson for dismissing secretary of war stanton.    

Offline cowboy

• NEClimbs Newbie
  • twisted steel and sex appeal
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2004, 12:49:17 PM »
Broken Spectre, I didn't know Jones Junior College had an engineering program. Congrats. ;D

Bush rules!  You're gonna be crying like a little ho in November.

Offline om

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2004, 01:06:02 PM »
You all just don't get it, do you?! By the time we get effects of global warming, petroleum reserves depleted, North Korea nuked South, Americans simply won,t have much to do with this sorry place!
We all be beaching on the sunny Red Planet:
http://www.space.com/news/bush_commission_040201.html
-om

Offline Broken_Spectre

• NEClimbs Full Member
  • climbing-YAY!
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2004, 01:47:10 PM »
I'm not going to get in a pissing match with you cowboy.  If that's the best you can come up with for a retort, then I really feel sorry for you.

It's surprising that you can criticize the intellect of individuals opposed to Bush when you engage in these kinds of petty insults.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2004, 01:50:03 PM by Broken_Spectre »

Offline cowboy

• NEClimbs Newbie
  • twisted steel and sex appeal
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2004, 02:26:29 PM »
 :'( You take yourself so seriously; I just can't help myself.