Author Topic: Climbers4Kerry  (Read 1104 times)

Offline tradmanclimbz

• NEClimbs God
  • Nick Goldsmith
Re: Climbers4Kerry
« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2004, 06:05:08 AM »
Whatever ::)

Offline c4k

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #61 on: August 16, 2004, 11:12:23 AM »
Swiftboat Veterans for what?!
Check out

http://mediamatters.org/items/200408120007

Offline snowleopard

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2004, 01:23:04 PM »
Big media supports him but the flip flopper lied
« Last Edit: August 16, 2004, 01:30:21 PM by snowleopard »

Offline Liam

• NEClimbs Newbie
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #63 on: August 16, 2004, 03:47:18 PM »
LIed about what, the media seems to agree, and they dont like getting caught lying. That has not happened yet. The US govt has not disagreed with it(the bush organization insist they have nothing to do with the Swiftvets and while they wont tell them to desist they wont agree), and the US Military give him the awards...and has yet to recant any of them. The only ones that seem to be disagreeable were some people on other boats, or not there at all,  who seem to ahve had issues that he left early and then spoke out against the war.  ANd btw...referencing Ann(raving right wing media hound)Couture is not the best way to get others to think you might be making a real point.

Offline c4k

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #64 on: August 17, 2004, 12:17:54 AM »
ummm...
  "Republican Sen. John McCain, a former prisoner of war in Vietnam, called an ad criticizing John Kerry's military service "dishonest and dishonorable" and urged the White House on Thursday to condemn it as well."

hhmmm...is McCain part of the liberal media too?

Offline snowleopard

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #65 on: August 17, 2004, 07:36:43 AM »
McCain certainly is ambidextrous!
Lets gather around the MSR and hear the story of Kerry's
Christmas in Cambodia while we brew up!
Kerry lied and good men died.

Offline Tim

• NEClimbs Junior Member
  • Good thing its run-out, or i'd run out of gear!
« Reply #66 on: October 01, 2004, 03:22:13 PM »
Hey!  I love this shit!  I want a piece of the action!
As climbers we have to look at some issues which are important to us.
Republicans have never done a thing for WILDERNESS!  If you want to know what they (the bush family) think of wilderness and its best uses, look up the Wise Use Agenda!  It is a coalition which is made up of some of the largest and most powerful companies and lobbiests in the Country who want to get their money hungry hands on our pristine lands.  This includes mining, ranching, oil, ATV and snowmobile groups, Timber companies, and anyone else who could bennefit financially from raping the wilderness. The last info packet I found from them had a picture on the inside cover of George Sr. shaking hands with the president of T.W.U.A.!  A.N.W.A.R. is just the start!  They have been trying to get their hands on that place for a long time.  
Republicans haven't ever done shit for Civil Rights either!  The lifestyles of Blacks, minorities, gay, women, and climber dirt-bags, have never benefitted as result of a republican!
And my quote of the week!
"Attacking Iraq for 9/11, is like attacking Mexico for Pearl Harbor!" :o
I'm not sure who coined it, but Kerry used it in the debate on Thursday!  
If this close-minded, ignorant A-Hole becomes president again, the US is full of closed-minded, ignorant a-holes!  
If Bush had taken his blinders off for just a minute, (opened his mind) he might have seen that Sadam wasn't worth killing 1,000+ of our best young men and women!
Now I'm not saying that Kerry is the Answer, but I think George has proven is worthlessness to our nation!

Offline Mountain_Man

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #67 on: December 06, 2004, 05:57:31 PM »
Liberalism is a cult.  You must agree with everything: baby killing, enemy appaulding, hysteria about the environment or you'll be called stupid, a fag, a Nazi.

Despte Tim's hysteria about President Bush, the country loves him, except you hatemongers.  Thee aren't enough liberals to make a difference, and the nation despises them for the kind of hate speech in Tim's post.

Now I know it's a waste to point this out, since liberalism means being so snobbism you can't have an open mind.  But it's fun poking the troll.

Merry Christmas, if you really are Christians!  If not, go to work.

DLottmann

« Reply #68 on: December 06, 2004, 09:28:34 PM »
A couple choice bumber stickers I've seen lately...

"More Trees, Less Bush"

"Four More Wars!"

"Bring Back Monica Lewinsky!"

"Thanks for Not Paying Attention"

"Putting the "Con" in Conservative"

"We're Gooder"

"Leave No Billionaire Behind"

I know I might get bashed for my enviromental/liberal/"America-hating" views, but I served  four years in the Marines Infantry and would do it again, if I had faith in the Commander-In-Chief.

"The greatest form of Patriotism is protecting the People from the Government."

Offline Mountain_Man

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2004, 10:03:20 PM »
I applaud your service and wonder what happened to turn you into a liberal.  Seriously, I'm interested.

DLottmann

« Reply #70 on: December 09, 2004, 09:56:34 AM »
I applaud your service and wonder what happened to turn you into a liberal.  Seriously, I'm interested.

I should have read this thread first.  Being in the military does not predispose someone to be of any particular party.  4 years traveling the world and training with Marines from all over the country, politics were rarely discussed.  The military, especially the infantry, operates outside politics.  We do our job.  We take care of each other.  Most are 18-22 and have not chose a party to follow yet.  As my recent posts in the other two threads point out I don't think I am a liberal, democrat, or republican.  I have problems with each party.  I guess that would make me an independant?  I would say I am an enviromentalist.

Here is were I stand on some issues, and you can let me know what I am.

Enviromment- Should be a much higher priority than it is.  Our dependance on other countries oil is very disconcerting.  Out own country's natural resources are being consumed at a sickening rate.  Protection for Wilderness Designated areas is threated, protected rivers for salmon and steelhead trout threatened by Bush to make condo builders happy, cutting research for renewable energy, wasting money on space program, and I will stop here babbleing about the enviroment because there are alot of problems here.

Education- Leave No Child Behind scam.  Then some things you would probably agree with me.  National Anthem should be allowed in school because of it's historical significance and simply because it is our national anthem.  Since we are a free country any student can choose not to participate.  Christmas should be celebrated alongside any other world holiday.  I don't see why it has to be one or the other.  It sickens me the fun of the holiday's seems to be sucked out each year.  I would have liked to learn about Kwaza while in 5th grade.

Abortion- Only in cases of rape or in health concerns for the mother.  The latest bill that was so controversial failed to let doctors make a choice that could save a young womans life.  Of course people are going to object, but they arn't "baby-killers".  Things are not that black and white.  Adoption Education needs to be more in the open!  Many young women who chose Abortion never conside placing the child up for adoption as a possible choice.  That is a bigger problem in my eyes.

Foriegn Policy- Wrap this mess in Iraq up as fast as possible.  Get the hell out of there, bring our trops home to their families, and focus on OUR country for the next 20 years.  Where could we be if we had spent the $$$ from this war on health care, social security, and health care here at home?

911- Bin Laden would have been found had more resources gone towards finding him rather than preparing an invasion.

That's all I can think of now.

The gullies are looking good.

Offline Mountain_Man

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #71 on: December 09, 2004, 01:43:29 PM »
I totally agree with your views.  I just don't like liberals, even if I can agree with them sometimes.  They want everyone to buy into the complete package.  I like to poke them with sticks.

DLottmann

« Reply #72 on: December 09, 2004, 06:25:43 PM »
Just not liking one group of people is a bit off.  Just not liking mushrooms or asparagus is one thing, but liberals are a bit more varied than you hear about.  Like I siad, extreme liberals are not the norm, they are just what you hear about in the media.  To quote a cool local band that unfortunelty disbanded last year.

"Peace & Unity is what we Need"

If Democrats and Republicans fight the next 4 yrs we will get no where.

Offline Mountain_Man

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #73 on: December 09, 2004, 07:39:55 PM »
I agree with you, but it assumes that Democrats and Republicans are two sides of the same coin.  NFW!

Liberalism is a cult, controlling everything in media except Fox and Rush and his apostles.  This includes the NY Times and three networks.  A lot of mind control.  I'm sure you know people of all persuasion, but I am after flame throwing liberals that always oppose our country, are dogmatic about baby killing, and call every Republican president stupid.

They're close minded, intolerant and only the muddled standards of our time keep them from being called traitors.  I hope I make myself clear.

Now, didn't President Bush ask for cooperation back in 2001?  He got filibusters, obstruction, hate speech, and a chrorus of attack dogs in the media.  It's the same experice for all Republican President, unremitting hostility.  They say such loopy thing, make foolish charges.  With a striaght face, they publish opinions that he's deep in pre-senile dementia.  October 04 Atlantic Monthly.

So now that conservatives are calling them on their shit, give us 50 years to catch up, and then we'll be nice.  Apologizing for demonizing the patriots that tried to root Soviet spies out of our government in the 50s would be a nice start.

We didn't start the fire.  Go back to page one and see what got me mad.  Tell them to knock it off.

OK, enough rants.  I'm damn glad to meet you, D Man