Author Topic: Suggestions for WI3 top rope laps  (Read 2863 times)

Offline sherbi

• NEClimbs Newbie
Re: Suggestions for WI3 top rope laps
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2015, 03:18:44 pm »
The right side of Rumney is very easy to setup a TR.

Thanks, I'm thinking about trying it on Sat. (with the cold temp I prefer to avoid the flume and champney), someone knows how the conditions are ?

Offline markvnh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2015, 09:12:23 pm »
...climbed at Rumney today. Right side has plenty of options as viewed from parking lot.

Offline sherbi

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2015, 10:47:15 pm »
I guess Rumney is as much of a zoo as Kinsman's notch on weekends ?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 04:32:47 pm by sherbi »

Offline Climber57r

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2015, 11:51:31 am »
Kinsman has a lot more leading in place and I have seen quite a bit of people there. However they usually let you cut through if you want to lead the line. I have yet to run into that at Rumney, well for ice on the right side. I recommend showing up early. My partner and I can usually get in 3 climbs before anyone shows up at any place in NH. If you show up at 10...well.. Be humble and enjoy the experience.
Good times. Good climbs. Get out there, get after it, and most of all enjoy it.

"A not neat knot, is a knot not needed"

Offline markvnh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2015, 03:48:52 pm »
Yeah, if you're climbing on the right side of Rumney at the meadows walls and want to lead - you're probably outta luck. That area gets lots of large groups and whatever ropes get set up usually stay there most of the day.

There are other climbs at Rumney that while there might be a line to lead mots people don't set up TR's.

Kinsman certainly should be more leading however the last few times I've been out that wasn't the case.

And certainly agree - get out early! You get your climbs in and you get to the pub sooner!