NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: climber4Bush  (Read 407 times)

everest2010

• NEClimbs Newbie
  • adopt a rat
    • Eastern Maine Climbing(ish)
Re: climber4Bush
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2004, 08:17:40 AM »

Hate hate hate hate hate.

It is ludicrous to think that a country, no matter who the president/prime minister/dictator is, could function with the amount of hate rampant. "You have to hate the country to vote for ____" My god, wake up people! (people referring to the majority of this country)

Is it that difficult to accept that others may have different opinions? Isn't that the reason we have a democracy? So that all people are represented? Obviously, this is not perfect, but I'ed rather have an idiot in office that I can kick out after four years than a great dictator that we have to have a bloody revolution to remove.  

No I'm not saying start wearing flowered pants and tell everyone that they are loved. But it certainly isn't productive to use degrading terms when talking about politics.
Smile, it makes people wonder what you're up to.

Tim

• NEClimbs Junior Member
  • Good thing its run-out, or i'd run out of gear!
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2004, 04:30:12 PM »

Hey!  I love this shit!  I want a piece of the action!
As climbers we have to look at some issues which are important to us.
Republicans have never done a thing for WILDERNESS!  If you want to know what they (the bush family) think of wilderness and its best uses, look up the Wise Use Agenda!  It is a coalition which is made up of some of the largest and most powerful companies and lobbiests in the Country who want to get their money hungry hands on our pristine lands.  This includes mining, ranching, oil, ATV and snowmobile groups, Timber companies, and anyone else who could bennefit financially from raping the wilderness. The last info packet I found from them had a picture on the inside cover of George Sr. shaking hands with the president of T.W.U.A.!  A.N.W.A.R. is just the start!  They have been trying to get their hands on that place for a long time.  
Republicans haven't ever done shit for Civil Rights either!  The lifestyles of Blacks, minorities, gay, women, and climber dirt-bags, have never benefitted as result of a republican!
And my quote of the week!
"Attacking Iraq for 9/11, is like attacking Mexico for Pearl Harbor!"  
I'm not sure who coined it, but Kerry used it in the debate on Thursday!  
If this close-minded, ignorant A-Hole becomes president again, the US is full of closed-minded, ignorant a-holes!  
If Bush had taken his blinders off for just a minute, (opened his mind) he might have seen that Sadam wasn't worth killing 1,000+ of our best young men and women!
Now I'm not saying that Kerry is the Answer, but I think George has proven is worthlessness to our nation!  

CLemay

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2004, 05:35:42 AM »

It's pretty sad that the only thing the Republican/Bush regime has to win the election is trying to make the country fear another terrorist attack if Kerry is elected and the exploitation of the Sept. 11 attacks.

http://home.earthlink.net/~houval/gopconstrm.mov

frik

• NEClimbs God
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2004, 10:45:11 AM »

Yo Tim, while i agree in general, with your sentiments regarding the Bush administration and their agenda for the environment. I have to take issue with your characterization of all Republicans being anti envoronment. There has been (until quite recently) a pretty strong tradition of bi-partisan support for environmental regulation/legislation. The Clean water act was signed into law by Nixon - not that i would ever call Nixon an environmentalist. But the point is, that there was considerable legislative consensus to pass that and the Clean air bill as well. Without Republican support we would have no environmental protections. And you could say the same for the civil rights laws passed back in the early 60's. I actually remember the days when the south was Democratic and segregationalist. ...While it may have never been the majority opinion within the Republican caucus; environmental stewardship, and civil righs have had sizeable minority support, that is until quite recently. It's actually quite a sad situation.  

I think i'm gonna freakin' cry....

Mountain_Man

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2004, 06:01:23 PM »

Good try, but Tim is a liberal, and liberals are snob with closed minds.  He can't say a good thing about Republicans since that might interfere with hate speech, false charges and epithets.

Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2004, 08:45:25 PM »

...liberals are snob with closed minds.

YEOWWWW! now that's a little bit on the extreme side, don't you think?

Al
« Last Edit: December 06, 2004, 08:47:01 PM by admin »
Al Hospers

web hosting, design and software programming:
 http://www.cambersoft.com

Mountain_Man

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2004, 10:09:50 PM »

Al,

It's completely accurate.  Liberals hate Christians, love celebrities, and put down anyone who doesn't agree with them by calling them stupid, ugly, Nazis, fags.  They post threads about how stupid the elctorate is.  They all have that smugness, assuming they know everything, and scorning anyone else's ideas.

If that's not snobbish, I don't know what definition you would give it.  However, I'm eager to hear your thoughts on this pubject.

DLottmann

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2004, 09:35:20 AM »

Al,

It's completely accurate.  Liberals hate Christians, love celebrities, and put down anyone who doesn't agree with them by calling them stupid, ugly, Nazis, fags.  They post threads about how stupid the elctorate is.  They all have that smugness, assuming they know everything, and scorning anyone else's ideas.

If that's not snobbish, I don't know what definition you would give it.  However, I'm eager to hear your thoughts on this pubject.

Your "definition" of a liberal reminds me of a skinhead descriping a "nigger", or a Nazi describing a "Jew".  Not the specifics but the tone and sense of hate I feel you feel when you think of liberals.  First off, you really over generalize a very varied political party.  I have many liberal views, and many liberal friends, none who I know hate Christians, have any abnormal love of celebrities, actuaully a few don't like there incomes, and don't put down anyone anymore than you do when you chat with a "liberal" online.  I don't think most liberals would be calling people "fags", since at least the ones I know are pretty tolerant of gays.

Mountain_Man

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2004, 01:46:42 PM »

No hate, but when you disagree with liberals, soon they'll call you stupid, uneducated and a fag. I've been called names I'd never been called in my life.  But never to my face.  That's the internet for you.

Don't ever believe that the party of tolerance really is.  But no hate.  I just like to take them on.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.245 seconds with 23 queries.