Author Topic: kinsman notch boulders  (Read 655 times)

Offline bubbalee

• NEClimbs Newbie
kinsman notch boulders
« on: May 20, 2015, 08:55:52 PM »
If any boulderers are interested there are some world class boulders across from the luck of the irish ice climbs in kinsman notch. Twenty to fifty foot tall behemoths waiting to be climbed . Open woods good ground beneath them.
Explore the area below and to the left and right of the monkey cliffs especially to the right and up following below the cliff band to the small notch. sykes and i messed around on a few af them and they have tons of potential and photo poser opportunities.

Offline M_Sprague

• NEClimbs God
Re: kinsman notch boulders
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2015, 11:28:18 PM »
Thanks. So up around the cliffs to the north of the road just past Lost river campground? I am not super familiar with Kinsman Notch (Come on John, get your damn book out already  ;D ). How long a hike about do you thing to get up to them if I wanted to take a run in to look? Are they schist boulders?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 12:55:24 PM by M_Sprague »
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is not a path and leave a trail."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline bubbalee

• NEClimbs Newbie
Re: kinsman notch boulders
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2015, 07:48:55 PM »
big and granite-ish not schist . if they are not granite they are something very similiar . ten minutes to the first ones and twenty five to the furthest. make a beeline in from the green junction box one hundred yds west (uphill) of the kinsman ice climbs pullout parking just beyond the end of the guardrail.