you know, there are so many browser configurations out there it's a bear to try & support them all. that said, over the past year I have really tried to make the site independent of all the stuff that ties it to any one browser. i move to CSS for all the formatting and most recently putting most of the content into a database so if I change format the content won't be affected.
a while back I had a long look at sites like Climbing Boulder, Mike K's site, that is all done this way. in fact all the big sites that change content constantly like MSNBC, CNN, NY Times, etc. are all done in this manner. it's crazy to be writing static pages any more. I do a lot of web work for people & I'm working this way on more & more sites, even the little ones.
making this fix was actually pretty trivial and revolved around a smallpiece of code in the header that was from the older system. it figures... thanks for pointing it out to me.
BTW - Mozilla is a great browser and is getting better & better. folks who are using Internet Explorer shoudl seriously consider making a switch. there are versions for Mac & PC. and it's easy to make a change.