Author Topic: new classroom  (Read 2058 times)

Offline PG

• NEClimbs Newbie
new classroom
« on: August 14, 2015, 02:52:55 pm »
So Al, where is this new classroom you mentioned in the report ?  Thanks to all who worked to develop the area. It sounds like there might be interest to the geriatric crowd. I being one of them.

PG

Offline NEAlpineStart

• NEClimbs God
    • Northeast Alpine Start
Re: new classroom
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 08:14:36 pm »
Approach info would certainly be helpful  ;)

Offline Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2015, 02:09:31 am »
Park at the little white slab on the downhill side of the road near the top of Cathedral. Walk toward the cliff, across the climbers descent trail and you are right at the top of it!
Al Hospers

Offline PG

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2015, 07:10:36 am »
Thanks Al. I'll have to check it out

PG

Offline Jeff

• NEClimbs God
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2015, 07:42:48 pm »
Al also put approach info in last weeks neclimbs report--from the road and from the Thin Air walkoff.

Offline NEAlpineStart

• NEClimbs God
    • Northeast Alpine Start
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2015, 10:22:44 pm »
Al also put approach info in last weeks neclimbs report--from the road and from the Thin Air walkoff.

Ah. I'm not currently subscribed, so I tend to only check the report directly when a new cover photo catches my eye. I can't seem to see where I can find old reports so maybe you could re-post the approach from the top of Thin Air? I know you told me in person and I think I know where this is, but other's checking this thread might not have seen the old report with details.

Offline JBro

• NEClimbs God
  • Doing God's work
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2015, 11:16:41 pm »
Last menu item is "archives." All the reports are there.
Have a quiche, now, or maybe a tort.  You deserve it!
-bristolpipe

I like to keep things simple, even if it's faaaken painful and miserable.
-Stoney Middleton

This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.
-Friar Tuck

Offline Jeff

• NEClimbs God
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2015, 09:11:08 am »
I just checked "Archives" and it appears that the post I mentioned was only in the NEClimbs face book page-- if approaching from the top of Thin Air, pass below Pine Tree Eliminate to the trail to the top and when that trail turns back left ( up a 3 foot high step by a rotten log), do not go up but continue straight along the (faint) path below a small face. In fewer than 50 yards you will see the "new" classroom directly in front of you--it's about 25 to 35 feet (at the climb "ArÍted Development") high. George's climb "Purgatory Corner" should be obvious to all on the left end of this short wall. Al's directions above, from the Cathedral Ledge road, combined with these directions, should permit even the least experienced among us to triangulate and find this short wall. :D

Offline Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2015, 07:31:12 pm »

Ah. I'm not currently subscribed, so I tend to only check the report directly when a new cover photo catches my eye. I can't seem to see where I can find old reports so maybe you could re-post the approach from the top of Thin Air? I know you told me in person and I think I know where this is, but other's checking this thread might not have seen the old report with details.

It's in the post a couple down.... Is it unclear?
Al Hospers

Offline strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2015, 02:14:25 pm »
From the looks of the cover photo...'walk along until you hit a 14' high crack" :D

Offline Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2015, 10:25:44 am »
From the looks of the cover photo...'walk along until you hit a 14' high crack" :D

actually if you walk along you'll fall over it! LOL
Al Hospers