Author Topic: Attitash crag?  (Read 2098 times)

Offline tradmanclimbz

• NEClimbs God
  • Nick Goldsmith
Re: Attitash crag?
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2015, 07:25:41 pm »
Ken. unfourtunatly i am not one of those folks  who can waltz through life blissfully unaware of the  the dangers. that being said I usually manage to top out despite knowing how bad things can get if I mess up.
INMOP the dificulty grade is simply a courtisy to help the visiting climber have a good day by getting on  something they will have a chance of sending. The protection grade on the otherhand is actually really important. Deliberatly  Sandbagging the protection grade is total Ahole move.  more common is that a local has it wired and simply forgets what it is like to onsight.  I tend to air on the side of courtesy when giveing beta on climbs i know well.  Instead of telling them what gear i need i tell them what will fit up there.  I don't want to talk someone into doing a climb without the gear and have them fall and fck themselfs up. obviously YMMV

Offline strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2015, 11:15:38 am »
I agree Trad,, I am always willing to sandbag someone..but never about the pro (or lack of) 

Offline DaveR

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2015, 08:05:38 pm »
I agree Trad,, I am always willing to sandbag someone..but never about the pro (or lack of)

A+

Offline M_Sprague

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2015, 10:22:12 am »
Shell Pond, just over into Maine, is where you want to go. It has some very good sport climbing and is often warmer than Rumney if it is sunny as the reflection off the pond below acts almost like a double sun. There aren't a lot of 10 and below (not even sure if there are any below 10), but quite a few 11s and 12s that are very fun. It is schist like Rumney, but with almost a southern sandstone flavor added.
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is not a path and leave a trail."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness. John Kenneth Galbrait

Offline The other tomcat

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2015, 06:24:46 pm »
Shell has great routes in the 5.9-5.10 range at the Family Wall. Like Mark said, very sunny, great setting!
Tom Stryker