Author Topic: Good deal on a light belay jacket  (Read 1365 times)

Offline NEAlpineStart

• NEClimbs God
    • Northeast Alpine Start
Re: Good deal on a light belay jacket
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2015, 09:21:25 AM »
Update: EMS is now selling this at 50% off. I have no idea how they make a profit when they sell stuff half off and it isn't even cold out yet.

http://www.ems.com/ems-men%E2%80%99s-feather-pack-800-downtek-hooded-jacket/1281721.html#start=2

strandman

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2015, 04:55:43 PM »
I'll give you one guess ?

Nemesis

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2015, 05:47:29 PM »
How's the sizing? Do they run small or large in the sizes?

Offline NEAlpineStart

• NEClimbs God
    • Northeast Alpine Start
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2015, 11:28:01 PM »
How's the sizing? Do they run small or large in the sizes?

Here's the cut on sizing from my full review (linked in first post):

Ah, EMS Sizing. So reliable. So time tested. So never-the-same-two-years-in-a-row.

Hereís the size chart from the website (note it is ďuniversalĒ and the disclaimer on the bottom):

So will it fit?

Humans are hard creatures to fit. So this is what Iíll do. Iíll give you my measurements, and hopefully youíll have a good guess at what size you need (since youíve already decided to buy the jacket if you have read this far).

Iím 5í9″, 180lbs, 42 inch chest, 34 inch waist, broad shouldered, average ape index (nice way of saying normal length arms). I tried the medium on first at the store (over a t-shirt and sweatshirt I was wearing. If felt pretty good, a more athletic fit. A bit too tight in the shoulders when I stretched forward (remember, broad shoulders). When I would lift my arms up (ice climber pose) it got a bit too snug to have full range of motion. I tried the large. The large may be a smidge roomy for me, but it definitely didnít feel like a boxy house. Plenty of room inside for my skin/mid-layers/softshell (or hardshell).

Nemesis

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2016, 08:26:03 PM »
I bought the jacket and I'm mostly happy with it.  The only rub being I wish the zippers were a little more robust.  For the money, It's pretty darn good
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 08:28:12 PM by Nemesis »

Offline NEAlpineStart

• NEClimbs God
    • Northeast Alpine Start
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2016, 08:45:10 PM »
I bought the jacket and I'm mostly happy with it.  The only rub being I wish the zippers were a little more robust.  For the money, It's pretty darn good

Good to hear. After a freezing rain event on the rockpile I was a bit bummed with how much moisture I took on... DownTek is awesome but it still isn't Primaloft...  may be updating my opinion on the piece. Still love it, but sticking to dry & cold conditions only....