Nemesis

Trump
« on: February 04, 2016, 08:47:46 AM »
Anyone else getting nervous? :-\

Offline strandman

• NEClimbs God
Re: Trump
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 10:19:11 AM »
Nope  Dead Clown Walking  will shoot himself hard pretty soon.

I wish i could vote Obama for 4 more......

Offline strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 11:17:22 AM »
Since you brought up this fucker......married 3 times   i would say "shows repeated poor judgement"

SO against   imigration....where did your wives come from ?     Moron

Offline Nick Grant

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 04:45:42 PM »
Moron?  No question.

Great entertainment?  Absolutely!

I hope that the Trump Circus lasts as long as possible.  He makes Louis CK and Bill Burr seem dull in comparison.

Offline strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 04:58:47 PM »
I have a couple of friends who seem obsessed with the gun thing and love Trump......I suggested that they be more concerned about health care for their young daughters....things got real quite

Offline M_Sprague

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2016, 07:59:00 PM »
I have a couple of friends who seem obsessed with the gun thing and love Trump......I suggested that they be more concerned about health care for their young daughters....things got real quite

Good one, John. Trump is a disgusting asshole. It is really embarrassing to me as an American that of all the candidates only two (Bernie and O'Malley) don't make me want to barf and go "Holey Shit!". It is definitely Bernie for me. I am kind of surprised O'Malley didn't get a little more traction just because he wasn't  completely insane, but he has a slightly odd speaking style and the media completely treated him as invisible.
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is not a path and leave a trail."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness. John Kenneth Galbrait

Offline kenreville

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2016, 08:21:29 PM »
Not for nothing but wasn't it O'Malley that proposed a "rain tax" in Baltimore?

Offline M_Sprague

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2016, 08:44:26 PM »
I had never heard that, but it may have been falsely framed by his opponents http://americablog.com/2015/09/martin-omalleys-rain-tax-is-actually-a-great-idea.html
I have to say I never dug very deeply into his policies, he just didn't strike me as somebody to immediately dismiss as with  Carson, Cruz, Fiorina, Trump, Santorum, Huckabee etc.
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is not a path and leave a trail."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness. John Kenneth Galbrait

Nemesis

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2016, 10:08:31 PM »
Trump scares the shit out of me, as does Hillary.  I've got two small children and a business that I put 50+ hours a week into.  I'm ashamed to say, it's getting pretty goddam tough to look at the leadership in this country and remain optimistic about the future.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 10:11:03 PM by Nemesis »

Offline eyebolter

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2016, 09:25:08 AM »
Trump scares the shit out of me, as does Hillary.  I've got two small children and a business that I put 50+ hours a week into.  I'm ashamed to say, it's getting pretty goddam tough to look at the leadership in this country and remain optimistic about the future.

They are all ass-ponies for the corporations, Obama included.

Bernie isn't, which is why I will be voting for him, and also why he has no chance.   

Were he to actually win, there would b a terrible plane "accident" I'm sure.

Nemesis

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2016, 12:12:29 PM »
Rothschild Airways.

Offline eyebolter

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2016, 05:14:03 PM »
Rothschild Airways.

It's a tough job lending governments money that you don't have, and then getting paid back with interest, but somebody's got to do it!

Offline markvnh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2016, 06:29:43 PM »
...so Bernie was the guest speaker this morning at a breakfast sponsored by Kinder Morgan. I was there. You know, the pipeline folks who want to dig up MA, NH and maybe even VT (if I remember correctly).

So please don't think Bernie is different than any of the other candidates. He's as beholden to big business as they all are. It's politics. Follow the money. He just talks about a "revolution" and all his small donors but don't be fooled!

Yep, was also at the CNN town hall in Derry the other night with Bernie and Hillary. And was supposed to have a lunch town hall with "the Donald" today (talk about one end of the political spectrum to the other!) but his plane got stuck in NYC.

Being an undeclared voter in NH is a blast!

Added - full disclosure. I have "connections" that enable me to partake in political events on both sides which is helpful when it comes to "small or high exposure" events. Mostly via business.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 07:40:24 PM by markvnh »

Offline neiceclimber

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2016, 08:09:07 PM »
A quick Google search shows Bernie has publicly opposed the pipeline since at least November. Did Bernie say anything at the speech that alluded to being for the pipeline? If not and if he wasn't paid by Kinder Morgan to speak than it was just another Platform for Sanders to put his message out in the world(I imagine these "sponsored" events are fairly common in states with influential primaries).

Offline markvnh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2016, 08:21:27 PM »
...sponsored by KM. Bernie was the speaker. I'd bet he wasn't paid as I doubt any candidate knowingly this close to the election would want that to come out. However if he's so against the pipeline he's certainly got plenty of opportunity to speak elsewhere where KM isn't the sponsor.

And yes it's all about face time right now. So if he gets the opportunity he should take it from my perspective if it's an audience he wants to reach. Same "talk" as you always hear (I've seen a couple candidates more than once - it's like pressing play on the cassette player!).

I guess my point is they all create a persona and while Bernie's is about the middle class I wouldn't be so fast to accept that persona.

You're not in politics your entire life without being beholden to some corporate interest. My take is that Bernie being "independent" (though caucusing with democrats in the senate) or "social democrat" or whatever you want to call him and coming across as anti-establishment isn't all it's cracked up to be.

He's just as much bullshit as the rest of them.

350 million or so people in our country and these are the 10 best we can come up with?!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 08:40:01 PM by markvnh »