Author Topic: Trump  (Read 20070 times)

strandman

Re: Trump
« Reply #150 on: April 24, 2016, 07:49:25 PM »
I had a lunch today with a big variety of people..puerto rican,,hispanic, hard cores,,gay..etc

NO WAY Trump wins..it just won't be.  A lot of these folks support Bernie, but realize it's a no contest,,he can't win and more importantly he can't defeat Trump.

First time since  Ray Gun that i vote to oppose someone rather than for some one

Nemesis

« Reply #151 on: October 28, 2016, 03:12:26 PM »
Apologies for resurrecting this thread...it didn't end well last time.  I've never been so nerved up about an election.  I can't wait for this one to be behind us. 
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 04:24:33 PM by Nemesis »

Offline xcrag_corex

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #152 on: October 28, 2016, 03:18:56 PM »
Vermin Supreme or bust!!!
-Jeremy Ballou

"know how to rock, ain't afraid to roll"

Offline Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #153 on: October 28, 2016, 06:34:12 PM »
Al Hospers

Offline M_Sprague

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #154 on: November 04, 2016, 05:32:39 PM »
Robert Reich: A Donald Trump supporter learns his candidate is a con man
http://www.salon.com/2016/09/21/robert-reich-a-donald-trump-supporter-learns-his-candidate-is-a-con-man/
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is not a path and leave a trail."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness. John Kenneth Galbrait

Nemesis

« Reply #155 on: November 08, 2016, 11:32:36 PM »
This is beyond depressing

Offline M_Sprague

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #156 on: November 09, 2016, 05:03:43 AM »
Past due to get my passport renewed. My best hope is the destruction is not too permanent and this election puts a fire under some real, quality leaders to step up and not leave it to the dregs like we had to choose from. Come on: Carson, Christie, Clinton, Rubio, Cruz, Trump! Johnson?? Even Sanders was a weak prospect in many ways, though I sure wish he had beaten Clinton
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is not a path and leave a trail."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness. John Kenneth Galbrait

Offline grubbers

• NEClimbs Junior Member
« Reply #157 on: November 09, 2016, 10:49:20 AM »
I'm really worried as to what the future might hold. We could see decades of progress in environmental and social policies undone in just a few years.

Offline DaveR

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #158 on: November 09, 2016, 01:12:49 PM »
    OMG!! As of 1pm the markets are all up and the world has not ended.  :o
    S&P 500
    19.86 (0.93%)

Dow 30
    185.79 (1.01%)

Nasdaq
    40.67 (0.78%)

Offline Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #159 on: November 09, 2016, 06:02:41 PM »
well... this is going to be interesting!
Al Hospers

Offline DaveR

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #160 on: November 10, 2016, 07:28:08 AM »
    OMG!! As of 1pm the markets are all up and the world has not ended.  :o
    S&P 500
    19.86 (0.93%)

Dow 30
    185.79 (1.01%)

Nasdaq
    40.67 (0.78%)

A little bit like swaggering around the flight deck under the "Mission Accomplished" banner don't you think?   He'll have his chance.

Just Laughing at the "experts" that were predicting a 1000pt drop Tuesday night. Looks like the market is set for another good day today.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 07:31:04 AM by DaveR »

Offline M_Sprague

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #161 on: November 10, 2016, 08:45:25 AM »
It actually did drop. The DOW futures were down over 800 points at one point when I saw them around midnight. Then Carl Icahn bought over a billion dollars worth, along with other Trump billionaire supporters which likely caused a short squeeze to shoot it back up. Many traders jumped in on the momentum. We'll have to see, but I suspect the rally is not going to be long for this world once reality sets in.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 08:48:54 AM by M_Sprague »
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline kenreville

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #162 on: November 12, 2016, 10:29:43 PM »
I read an article written by Matthew Dowd(Mea Culpa, Mea Culpa, Mea Maxima Culpa) this morning that sort captured some of my own sentiments regarding the election.  The gist being that the left had really blown it with the closed minded judgmental approach to Trump supporters.  I'm willing to give this guy a chance.  Ultimately, we all want the best for our country. 

Is anyone willing to share their thoughts on volunteering opportunities? Rather than sulking,  I'd prefer to get involved and at least give this "Make America Great Again" thing a shot.  It's just too important to sit on the sidelines and bitch about Trump.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attention all whimpering weeping butthurts ^^^^^ PAY ATTENTION TO THIS !!!

You are a good man nemesis. And a damn fine proud American.

Offline perswig

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #163 on: November 13, 2016, 06:22:20 AM »
Nice demonstration of two ways to encourage dialogue going forward. ^^

World's (probably) not going to end, and ideally checks-and-balances will continue to work as designed at least for a bit longer, but I'd anticipate some pretty wild pendulum swings on both foreign and domestic policy over the next 4, and at least initially some generalized emboldened fringe jackassery. 
Lots of pent-up emotion on all sides; maybe legalizing pot IS the way to go.

First rule:  be good.  Second rule:  if you can't be good, be safe.
Dale
If it's overhanging, I'm probably off-route.

Offline JBro

• NEClimbs God
  • Doing God's work
« Reply #164 on: November 13, 2016, 10:19:14 AM »
I love these folks justifying their racism and bigotry and ignorance because those meanie librulz typed mean things on the internet. As if the right has been so civil.

Have a quiche, now, or maybe a tort.  You deserve it!
-bristolpipe

I like to keep things simple, even if it's faaaken painful and miserable.
-Stoney Middleton

This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.
-Friar Tuck