Author Topic: Trump  (Read 16771 times)

Nemesis

Re: Trump
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2016, 05:23:07 PM »
I recently read how basically the larger corporations aren't providing the jobs  "Uber affect"  they just hire as needed. of course that  means bennies also
I twas LA Times i think..the writer said we better realize this ,,the sooner the better..of course the $$ come from......

solar/wind industry now provides more jobs than oil/gas..by about 20%

I'm not so sure this is all the corporations fault.   As someone who's been in business for fifteen years, I can tell you the young people coming into the workforce are about as useless and entitled as humanly possible.  Very few of them have the skills or even the work ethic to make themselves employable.  Corporations are absolutely calculating this into the formula
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 05:27:56 PM by Nemesis »

Offline markvnh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2016, 07:39:29 PM »
...great points Nemesis! I ran a small business the last seven years (part of a team running a larger one prior) and my biggest problem was finding qualified employees to do jobs. I worked with and recruited from SNHU and was shocked at some of the entitled attitudes (what do you mean I have to be to work at 8:00!).

Offline DaveR

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2016, 08:24:44 AM »
I'm not so sure this is all the corporations fault.   As someone who's been in business for fifteen years, I can tell you the young people coming into the workforce are about as useless and entitled as humanly possible.  Very few of them have the skills or even the work ethic to make themselves employable.  Corporations are absolutely calculating this into the formula

A+++

Education is not what it used to be either. We spend WAY more per student and get WAY less. I'm in my late 50's and my daughter went to a top ranked high school and was an A student. The education she got in math, science and the basics was pretty watered down compared to what I got graduating in the mid 70's. Many kids come out of school now without even the basic skills! Ask any kid today to do a simple math problem and without a calculator they are screwed. :(

Offline strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2016, 09:48:16 AM »
I'm not saying it's all corporations..just that they don't do the amount of hiring that is perceived.  It's not like GM for instance goes out and hires 2,000 people anymore.  Flex time, part time whatever you call it.....it's like a temp agency to me.

An aside---how many of you would vote for Obama again if you could ?  I know I would,,,,maybe even Biden if he ran 

Offline Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2016, 11:50:41 AM »
An aside---how many of you would vote for Obama again if you could ?  I know I would,,,,maybe even Biden if he ran 

yup
Al Hospers

Offline eyebolter

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2016, 01:51:48 PM »

Really? A "Constitutional Lawyer" who thinks it is just dandy to assassinate US citizens (including a minor) by predator drone because a secret panel said they were bad guys?  Funny I don't remember that part of the Constitution....

He is also for the Pacific  "free" trade pact, which shows that he answers to the same masters as the Republicans.

Offline strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2016, 06:36:26 PM »
Ward..please  american citizen s get killed all the time....if you  identitfy with  Al Queda or Isis or who ever..your fair fair fucking game.

The Gitmo "detainees
  are scheduled to come to super max in CO  I hope the fucking plane crashes and they all fucking die

It's a fucking war and people should realize it.....if you want to kill me for my views...fine let's go

Talk to thefamilies who had  people with heads chopped off    ...did they get  a trial ?

Want me to relate some stories about what really happens  in these shit holes ?

Offline strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2016, 06:53:28 PM »
Let me give you an example..my bud  a USMC guy did a security inSomalia..the purpose was to cut off the clitoros of 10-12 year old girls

No pain meds ..no anethesia...NOTHING   

The fucking savages were swarming because of the virgin thing

My bud switched  to full auto mode  "in one minute...Icall a helo and
save these girls " 

What would you do ?

His response  ---I'll never see my girls again. he didn't do it

sometimes we are the savior

Offline M_Sprague

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #68 on: February 25, 2016, 08:35:08 PM »

Really? A "Constitutional Lawyer" who thinks it is just dandy to assassinate US citizens (including a minor) by predator drone because a secret panel said they were bad guys?  Funny I don't remember that part of the Constitution....

He is also for the Pacific  "free" trade pact, which shows that he answers to the same masters as the Republicans.
Ward, I have absolutely no problem with Obama ordering drone strikes on so called US citizens who as far as I am concerned effectively renounced that citizenship by calling for attacks and declaring war on us. I would go further and have ordered hits on Saudis who finance the terrorism and radical Wahhabi and Salafist madrasas even if they were high up in Saudi Royalty, covertly of course with the latter.

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is not a path and leave a trail."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness. John Kenneth Galbrait

Nemesis

« Reply #69 on: February 25, 2016, 09:05:36 PM »

Ward, I have absolutely no problem with Obama ordering drone strikes on so called US citizens who as far as I am concerned effectively renounced that citizenship by calling for attacks and declaring war on us. I would go further and have ordered hits on Saudis who finance the terrorism and radical Wahhabi and Salafist madrasas even if they were high up in Saudi Royalty, covertly of course with the latter.
Without due process of law? No jury of your peers?  Judge, jury, and executioner all in one office free from public scrutiny.  What could possibly go wrong?

I'm totally cool with executing the sons of bitches, but not without the burden of proof...Not because some motherfucker who worked at Goldman Sach last week, treasury next week , Halliburton the week after, and finally the CIA just rubber stamped him a terrorist.  That's bullshit!! If we wanna keep our " good guys" pedestal, we had better start acting like the good guys again
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 09:19:14 PM by Nemesis »

Offline neiceclimber

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #70 on: February 25, 2016, 10:02:00 PM »
Without due process of law? No jury of your peers?  Judge, jury, and executioner all in one office free from public scrutiny.  What could possibly go wrong?

I'm totally cool with executing the sons of bitches, but not without the burden of proof...Not because some motherfucker who worked at Goldman Sach last week, treasury next week , Halliburton the week after, and finally the CIA just rubber stamped him a terrorist.  That's bullshit!! If we wanna keep our " good guys" pedestal, we had better start acting like the good guys again

Yes, it's time we take the high road, lets "make America great again" and screw all the hate. Let's stop pandering to peoples fears real or imagined and work towards compassion. What we need as a society is to start acting like freaking adults and stop trying to scapegoat all of our problems on someone/ something else.

Offline Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #71 on: February 26, 2016, 04:04:59 PM »
OMFG Christie just endorsed Trump!!!!!!!
Al Hospers

Nemesis

« Reply #72 on: February 26, 2016, 04:26:26 PM »
Prolly doesn't wanna miss his shot at VP...slim as it may be

Offline dp

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #73 on: February 26, 2016, 04:45:04 PM »
If Trump wins with Christie I'm moving to Canada, plus the ice climbing.better!!!  dp

Offline eyebolter

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #74 on: February 26, 2016, 05:53:55 PM »

Ward, I have absolutely no problem with Obama ordering drone strikes on so called US citizens who as far as I am concerned

Herman Goering, infamous Nazi, would have agreed with you:

"But after all it is the leaders of a country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy or fascist dictorship, or a parliament or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peace makers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.