Author Topic: Trump  (Read 20069 times)

Offline neiceclimber

• NEClimbs God
Re: Trump
« Reply #180 on: November 21, 2016, 02:26:25 PM »
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/obama-approval-229224

From Oct, 7 consecutive months at or above 50%.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/116479/barack-obama-presidential-job-approval.aspx

Gallup poll numbers from early Nov.

Oh and here's another one that compares Obama to Trump

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/donald-trump-popular-poll-231694

In case you don't feel it necessary to actually read this, Trump 46% v Obama 56%.

Offline neiceclimber

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #181 on: November 22, 2016, 03:46:00 PM »

Drain the swamp and bring foreign interests, rats, snakes, and con men into the Oval Office. Looks like the make America great again slogan  meant when it was a colony. It's going to be so dirty and rotten under his regime he's making Melania stay in NY because lord knows he doesn't want his third wife to step in any shit.

Offline neiceclimber

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #182 on: November 22, 2016, 07:14:21 PM »
Yes very cool.

Offline eyebolter

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #183 on: November 23, 2016, 06:02:17 AM »
Trump said that the election was rigged.  What if he was right?   

I think that a huge stock market meltdown and recession are on the way, regardless of who won, and it will all be blamed on Trump and his ant-trade policies.  Remember you heard it here first!

Offline darthgator

• NEClimbs Junior Member
« Reply #184 on: November 23, 2016, 09:11:25 AM »

Nice article Nemesis, but I think it falls short in explaining beyond the numbers.

Have you read this:
https://hbr.org/2016/11/what-so-many-people-dont-get-about-the-u-s-working-class

Offline slink

• NEClimbs God
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #185 on: November 23, 2016, 11:57:16 AM »
Election is over we have four years to see if he can "make America great again". It's politics and the middle class takes the brunt of society on their shoulders. Sure we have a great country already, it was built by immigrants. Some things to think about next election.
1: get your friends to vote , voter turnout was horrible this election. I think voter apathy killed Hillary, a lot of Bernie or bust people
 2: people need to fact check the news so many fake stories being published and the sheeple believe
3: Next senate elections will not have a big impact so it's four years of hoping for the best.

I still prefer Trump over Pence. Stay true to democracy ,climb safe, and have a happy commercialized thanksgiving
bailing is not failing!!!

Offline kenreville

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #186 on: November 23, 2016, 01:20:31 PM »
I love all you whiners predicting what Trump is/isn't gonna do.

He hasn't even started yet.

Funny it's the same people who predicted Hilldouche's landslide coronation. You got suckered by the Lame Stream Media.

And you lost. Suck it up buttercup(s).

Offline JBro

• NEClimbs God
  • Doing God's work
« Reply #187 on: November 23, 2016, 05:50:14 PM »
Trump said that the election was rigged.  What if he was right?   

I think that a huge stock market meltdown and recession are on the way, regardless of who won, and it will all be blamed on Trump and his ant-trade policies.  Remember you heard it here first!

If Trump tears up the trade deals those tv's and computers everyone's getting for $300. will go to $600(maybe more) overnight, and yeah a major recession would rightfully be blamed on Drumpf

You've been predicting a market crash and recession since the last one. It's inevitable that eventually you will be correct! Like that guy in the office movie that kept predicting layoffs!

Have a quiche, now, or maybe a tort.  You deserve it!
-bristolpipe

I like to keep things simple, even if it's faaaken painful and miserable.
-Stoney Middleton

This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.
-Friar Tuck

Offline eyebolter

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #188 on: November 23, 2016, 07:33:28 PM »
i agree, markets go in cycles, so why does everyone think that Obama did a great job when this tepid, whimpy "recovery" it is 100% due to the Fed putting interest rates at all time lows?  Screwing granny"s savings so Wall Street can mop up.

I'm telling you that the Fed is going to pull the rug out from under Trump. It will have nothing to do with him, but will all be blamed on him.  That is why the markets went from 800 points down on election night to up 200, all manipulation, they want Obama to go out looking like a hero.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 07:35:05 PM by eyebolter »

Offline JBro

• NEClimbs God
  • Doing God's work
« Reply #189 on: November 23, 2016, 08:34:36 PM »
The fed has been signalling a rate hike for a year or two. Not sure why you think upcoming hikes have anything to do with Trump or why you think the fed wants to make Obama look like a hero.

They say 2008 was the worse since the great depression. That took what, 25 years to climb out of? Seems to me all time market highs and fairly low unemployment (with a strengthening economy as we speak) only 8 years out from 08 might be characterized as a bit better than a tepid recovery.

Have a quiche, now, or maybe a tort.  You deserve it!
-bristolpipe

I like to keep things simple, even if it's faaaken painful and miserable.
-Stoney Middleton

This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.
-Friar Tuck

Offline Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #190 on: November 24, 2016, 11:12:15 AM »
i agree, markets go in cycles, so why does everyone think that Obama did a great job when this tepid, whimpy "recovery" it is 100% due to the Fed putting interest rates at all time lows?  Screwing granny"s savings so Wall Street can mop up.

I'm telling you that the Fed is going to pull the rug out from under Trump. It will have nothing to do with him, but will all be blamed on him.  That is why the markets went from 800 points down on election night to up 200, all manipulation, they want Obama to go out looking like a hero.

the market has been steadily going up for the past 8 years. I doubt this latest increase has anything to do with Obama. I'm not saying it's not going to go down, but unless Trump does something totally stupid, which he certainly might, I think things are going to remain "fairly" stable for the next 4 years.
Al Hospers

Offline kenreville

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #191 on: November 26, 2016, 09:28:28 PM »
Agree Al. Time to see what Trump's got. Good or bad, it won't change that much.

Offline eyebolter

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #192 on: November 28, 2016, 05:45:05 PM »
The fed has been signalling a rate hike for a year or two. Not sure why you think upcoming hikes have anything to do with Trump or why you think the fed wants to make Obama look like a hero.

They say 2008 was the worse since the great depression. That took what, 25 years to climb out of? Seems to me all time market highs and fairly low unemployment (with a strengthening economy as we speak) only 8 years out from 08 might be characterized as a bit better than a tepid recovery.

The fed has been bluffing about a rate hike for years, not "a year or two." 
All time market highs are directly a result of zero percent interest rates.  When interest rates go up, the market will go down, a lot if that is what they want.

Look at the "labor participation rate" if you think unemployment is low.  The rigged government unemployment rate is low, but the actual percentage of people employed full time is really low.  There are no soup lines.  Instead, people are getting government checks in the mail.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 05:49:48 PM by eyebolter »

Offline neiceclimber

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #193 on: November 29, 2016, 06:42:02 PM »
The swamp drainer is showing the true colors of Republicans.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_583dc491e4b06539a78a984d

For those unwilling to read, Republican leaders are requesting we give the not yet president some time before the US investigates financial gain from his businesses when interacting with foreign leaders. To me this sets a dangerous precedent allowing Trump to do his thing and give handsome leverage to foreign leaders while allowing him a backdoor of "well I wasn't President at the time."

To date a least of grievances:
Inclusion of white nationalist in his close quarters
Complete lack of transparency, i.e. No taxes, no press
Disregard for the Constitution, i.e. Banning Muslim's, freedom of press, flag burning
Inciting violence
Blatant lies i.e. rigged election, millions of fraudulent votes, etc
Twitter usage
Small hands
Bad tan
Horrible hair
The assault on healthcare
The idea that Sarah Palin might a part of his cabinet
Wants to re-rename Denali
Probably thinks LePage is a good guy.
Is thinking about petreaus.

Offline neiceclimber