Author Topic: hip replacement  (Read 468 times)

Offline dp

• NEClimbs Newbie
hip replacement
« on: February 21, 2016, 06:21:31 am »
So, seven days out after my first hip replacement, spent 3 nights in the hospital and I'm home now, the pain wasn't as bad as I thought it would have been and I have a PT person coming to my house 2 days a week and I do it on my own 3Xday, I go for a walks a couple times a day, still with crutches but able to put more weight on my leg as the days go by and using less pain med.  Hate to miss this ice season but I couldn't climb very well last season anyway, too much pain. I was supposed to get the minimally invasive surgery, 2-4" cut but when I took off the dressing it was more like 6-7"  don't know what happened there and I'll probably never find out even if I ask, o'h well! DP

Nemesis

Re: hip replacement
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2016, 06:34:38 am »
Good luck with this.  Of all the ice seasons to miss, I'd say you made a good choice.  Hopefully you can get back on the rock soon.

Offline Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2016, 03:34:29 pm »
many of my friends have had hip replacements, all successful. you should be back out ion the rock by the time things are nicely dry. just make sure you follow through with the full course of PT.

good luck...
Al Hospers

Offline strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2016, 05:11:27 pm »
Had them both done 8 years apart. You will be SO glad you got it done.

Thera bands worked awesome for me in rehab...get them on EBay (the generic ones ) for $30 a set.  Side legs after you get going,,don't do it now !!!!!

Quad power is what goes away fast