Author Topic: Bill Clinton at Waimea  (Read 988 times)

Offline Nick Grant

• NEClimbs Full Member
Bill Clinton at Waimea
« on: April 27, 2016, 09:15:52 pm »
I guess Mike Foley was able to link the moves on the top part of the Bill Clinton project last weekend.  (The top part looks pretty much blank to the moderate climber.)  I asked him if he thought the route would go, and he said that he thought that was a real possibility, but probably not in the humid "off season" summer weather.

If it does go, this would be an epic send—harder than Jaws II (5.15a).  Ward, maybe you can push back the publication date of the new guidebook until Mike gets this baby done?

I say,"Go, Mike, go!"

Offline strandman

• NEClimbs God
Re: Bill Clinton at Waimea
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 12:43:45 pm »
There are those who have said "it'll never go"  of course it will,,some day

Offline M_Sprague

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 06:25:08 am »
The top part is actually not too bad. When I rebolted it for Eric (for a present for Zeb), to test the clipping stances I did the moves (was climbing about my strongest then). The part I couldn't come close to doing was the bulge, but I figured somebody really strong might be able to do it. It is kind of like underclinging a big barrel that is rolling over you. It will be very cool if Mike can do it.

Now, if we could just pull the Vantage Point boulder further away from the cliff! There is a route lurking in that slot left of Bill Clinton that might rival the beauty of The Beach; an overhanging swirly white dike of pockets and pinches.
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is not a path and leave a trail."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness. – John Kenneth Galbrait

Offline strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 11:56:34 am »
If Mike gets it by election day, will he rename the route Hillary ?

Offline Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2016, 08:54:17 pm »
If Mike gets it by election day, will he rename the route Hillary ?

LOL...
Al Hospers