Author Topic: Champney Falls  (Read 1151 times)

Offline JoeC

• NEClimbs Senior Member
Champney Falls
« on: May 15, 2016, 03:43:53 pm »
I couple years ago i put up a route out near champney falls.  Ground up rope solo.  One bolt drilled on lead by hand.  Details at IME in the book.  Realize Life 5.7.  Enjoy.

Offline NEAlpineStart

• NEClimbs God
    • Northeast Alpine Start
Re: Champney Falls
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2016, 11:45:34 am »
Why not post the details here?

Offline JoeC

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 03:36:10 pm »
Didnt remember them at the time.  I dig them up and post them.

Offline JoeC

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2016, 09:33:15 pm »
Ok heres the beta.  Hike up the Champney trail.  Take the pitcher loop trail.  At the point where the trail almost touches the brook cross and walk straight up the hill.  Route goes up a slab to a small roof with a crack above.  Look for one bolt about 20 ft up.  To get a good vantage of the cliff, continue on the Champey trail past the loop trail.  At a point after a short steep section the trail levels out.  Look across the brook valley and you will see the cliff.  Some Coord from google earth:  4358'30.18"N     7117'0.26"W.  That should get you there or at least close.  Some way cool adventure climbing out there.

Offline JoeC

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2016, 06:38:32 pm »
If anyone does get out there id like to hear your thoughts on the route, grade, pro.  Its never had a repeat.

Offline NEAlpineStart

• NEClimbs God
    • Northeast Alpine Start
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2016, 07:37:23 pm »
I'd hike out there with you. I'm pretty free Mon-Tue mornings and often other mid-week days.

Offline JoeC

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2016, 07:13:39 pm »
I moved back down south:(  But am working up there on weekends!  So maybe a mon or a tues next week.

Offline JoeC

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2016, 09:22:14 pm »
Hiked out there monday with a friend and we agreed ita probably 5.5.  Really fun tho!

Offline JoeC

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2016, 08:23:06 pm »
Added a new route out there Tuesday.  Angular Momentum 5.9ish FA Joe Comeau Tim Doyle.
This route is on the right of the previous route.  Climbs a steep slab for 15 ft then heads straight up lower angle slabs to the top passing one more bolt on the way.  Rap off the tree at the top of the other route.  Secondbolt was placed on lead.