Author Topic: Stellar weather at Cannon today  (Read 2350 times)

Offline DaveR

• NEClimbs God
Re: Stellar weather at Cannon today
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2016, 09:58:39 PM »
Am I the only one that noticed he's commenting on a low-res digital GPS track video and saying there are lots of "mistakes" in it?

"he number of mistake in this video is so high and the people don't even thing at the consequences...."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0Hz-FO986s

Only mistake I saw was it called the area "Lincoln" since the app defers to township...

I clicked on the link and saw what it was, I thought I was missing something or connecting to the wrong thing. He got all that BS from that! :P

Offline ed_esmond

• NEClimbs Full Member
  • if you can't laugh at yourself..
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2016, 06:37:06 AM »
the next video (for some unknown technical reason, my computer automatically plays the next video in the "playlist…") is of some earnest chucklehead's go-pro video of climbing w-g.

typically, it's so jerky-jerky, it made me seasick….

way to go lucky,

ed
pragmatic: (adj) dealing with the problems that exist in a specific situation in a reasonable and logical way instead of depending on ideas and theories.

Offline lucky luke

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2016, 12:56:16 PM »
! ! Suunto Movie of our climb:

Delay at top was about 1.5 hours as the traffic cleared... which didn't get considered in the overall climb time
it is the link that I have and comments a climb of pipe pitch not the second video that is probably change by what they wear
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 01:00:54 PM by lucky luke »

Offline DaveR

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2016, 01:07:54 PM »
! ! Suunto Movie of our climb:

Delay at top was about 1.5 hours as the traffic cleared... which didn't get considered in the overall climb time
it is the link that I have and comments a climb of pipe pitch not the second video that is probably change by what they wear

The Stone master responds! Still can't find all the climbing he is talking about in Dave,s 1 min video. I must be a sport climber! ::)

Offline Jeff

• NEClimbs God
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2016, 01:23:31 PM »
Luke: Ed is correct! the video that NEAlpineStart posted has NO pictures-- the next video in the computer stream (not on this site but appears to the right when you click on Dave's link) is 16 + minutes and is a Go Pro video of a guy leading the "pipe pitch" of the W-G--herky jerky, clipping pins without looking at them, with total trust in their solidity and pulling on blocks without testing their solidity. Therefore your comments have NO PLACE in reference to the report of the OP! As for the safety issues on the video you commented on, I agree that things could be a LOT better!

Aside: I have led W-G many times but not in the past 6-8 years-- this video shows what a stack of potentially loose blocks it is, and therefore how serious it is. Truly an alpine route with easy access!
   It has certainly changed in character several times since I first climbed it in 1969, and I'm sure that none of those pitons have been replaced in at least 20 years! Significant sections of at least 7 routes on Cannon which I led prior to 1980 are now lying in the talus at the bottom ( a couple of them with my help- trundling back in the day when one never saw more than 3 parties on Cannon and we all knew each other) ::). This video suggests that more of W-G will join them sooner rather than later :o.

Luke: As a service to those who visit this site regularly, PLEASE make sure you are addressing the correct author when you launch into a safety rant. Sinon, personne ne t'écoutera jamais!

Offline Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2016, 10:46:24 PM »
Wel I guess that guy lived, and hopefully he learned. I remember the first time I led that pitch, almost 30'years ago with my wife Alyssa. It certainly was entertaining. I hope I dint puff and pant as much as he did tho...
Al Hospers

Offline lucky luke

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2016, 11:52:12 PM »
Anyone else get out today? [...] It does not get any better weather wise for Cannon! Suunto Movie of our climb:

It was a cold 30 june (84 F) ... to wear an orange gortex jacket.

Offline DaveR

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2016, 07:25:35 AM »
Anyone else get out today? [...] It does not get any better weather wise for Cannon! Suunto Movie of our climb:

Are you drinking again LL??

Offline strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2016, 09:40:37 AM »
Getting ready for hunting season a bit early

Offline NEAlpineStart

• NEClimbs God
    • Northeast Alpine Start
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2016, 10:10:11 AM »

Not to worry LL, I had 10 cotton t-shirts in my backpack in reserve.

Offline strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2016, 10:15:28 AM »
I was up around 13,000' yesterday in cotton shirt..no sleeves of course....