Author Topic: New routes Mt Forist far left  (Read 2527 times)

Offline rbirk

• NEClimbs Full Member
Re: New routes Mt Forist far left
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2016, 11:53:52 pm »
Finally got to check this place out today with Grammy. What a bunch of fun routes! Can't wait to get back and tick off some more on my wish list. We did:

Retro, Nibroc, Forist Grump, Mantle Peace (5.9 IMO), and Hostile Territory via the awesome 5.7 finish...

All 5 are worth doing a few times and I'm looking forward to checking out the left hand routes, Skate-y Cat, and Green Mile next time I can get up there, hopefully soon.

When you get back, make sure you do Half Blind and Fully Baked on the far left. Only one pitch, but oh so sweet! Such a nice fun crack. Similar to P4/5 on Endeavor but slightly harder. I would rate that route 5.6.

Offline NEAlpineStart

• NEClimbs God
    • Northeast Alpine Start
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2016, 07:50:36 pm »
Will do!

Offline Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2016, 09:27:26 am »
I went there last week too. Had an ancient hand-drawn topo... Started where the trail met the cliff, then worked our way right... climbed 6 or so 2-3 pitch routes but didn't encounter anything harder than maybe easy 5.8? Until the last climb, far to the right, past the ladder, a long single pitch, maybe 5.9.   A cool, big cliff, fun, but when I go back I'd be looking for something a little harder. I heard there are a couple 10s way up and right somewhere?

The climb on the far right is Birthday Boy and is 5.9. I put it up last fall on Nov. 3rd with Joe and Judy Perez.

Nice, best route there, I thought.

thnX
Al Hospers