Author Topic: ask for it  (Read 1424 times)

Offline lucky luke

• NEClimbs God
ask for it
« on: July 24, 2016, 08:33:33 am »
recently I critics a video on pipe pitch on whitney gilman took by a go pro as the guy climbed. Some people can dislike it because they look what they are, some other can see an opportunity to increase there safety by understanding there mistake. I understand that strandman and friend will laught at you. But look at it in this way: choose....do you prefer to brake a leg, or worse, as you climb and don't know your mistake because you don't want that any body laught at you

or do you want that people be interested in you and help you to increase your safety before you can do what we all want to do: climb high, climb hard, climb safe.     

Offline strandman

• NEClimbs God
Re: ask for it
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 04:59:08 pm »
Fuck You..I would never laugh at someone in dangerous situation..ever.  You though, i would laugh right in your face..hard

Offline DaveR

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2016, 06:08:09 pm »
recently I critics a video on pipe pitch on whitney gilman took by a go pro as the guy climbed. Some people can dislike it because they look what they are, some other can see an opportunity to increase there safety by understanding there mistake. I understand that strandman and friend will laught at you. But look at it in this way: choose....do you prefer to brake a leg, or worse, as you climb and don't know your mistake because you don't want that any body laught at you

or do you want that people be interested in you and help you to increase your safety before you can do what we all want to do: climb high, climb hard, climb safe.   

I'm sitting here now laughing my ass of at you LL! ::)

Offline lucky luke

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 09:00:53 am »
Knowing our mistake is some thing important and many people can climb trad without bolt by knowing how to climb.

All positive intervention is turn to negative unfortunately.  Many people things that to climb safe you must reach the summit. They do it in bad technique often. and when they try a route where technique is essential, they have accident.

I know that a lot of you understand that in the video of the pipe pitch, the climber did many mistake and that the orange gore tex guy was not a video took in a weather of 84 F.

I don't understand why you don't talk of safety as the life of our friend and child is the most important things in climbing. 

Offline strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2016, 09:27:06 am »
Because dear LL,,climbing is dangerous....No matter what you do.or think or read.

I'll say that I'm a very safe climber,,you don't seem to know the difference between dangerous climbs  and dangerous climbers.

Not my job to ensure the safety of people other than my partners......and that i think I do damn well. 

Offline lucky luke

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2016, 12:16:15 pm »
Because dear LL,,climbing is dangerous....No matter what you do.or think or read.

I'll say that I'm a very safe climber,,you don't seem to know the difference between dangerous climbs  and dangerous climbers.

Not my job to ensure the safety of people other than my partners......and that i think I do damn well.

A dangerous sport most be practice with more safety. Mountaineering freedom of the hill was wrote in that intension (not any more for trad climbing).

In the video of the pipe pitch, I made the difference with both a dangerous climb and a dangerous climber. The idea of posting video of our climb is exactly to make that distinction. It is not because some one climb 5.11 or more that he is safe. But placing sound protection, timing is all thing that the old climber teach you and thing that you keep secret to the new generation.

As a forum is a social thing and your job is an individual case not applicable to the community of climber (Not my job to ensure the safety of people) It could be interesting that people who care about other safety can speak freely without beeing critic negatively all the time to show that you are a Master of climbing and nobody is as good as you.

Offline DaveR

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2016, 12:48:46 pm »
 ::) :P

Offline kenreville

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2016, 01:33:30 pm »
Uh oh.......

LL has gone from troll to an axe to grind troll.

Offline DaveR

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2016, 04:54:18 pm »
It could be interesting that people who care about other safety can speak freely without beeing critic negatively all the time to show that you are a Master of climbing and nobody is as good as you.

We shit on you because all you do is tell everyone how stupid and unsafe they are and tell us what a "master of climbing" you are! We all understand at this point that "nobody is as good" or as safe as you so now you can go sit in the shade and read freedom of the hills for the 10,000th time while strandman and I go climbing and try to kill our partners.

John,
1) I'm going to Rumney on Wednesday and Cannon on Thursday. Does that make me a sport climber because I am going to Rumney first?
2) Can you tell me what the best sport routes on Cannon are?

;D

Offline strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2016, 08:52:07 am »
Yes..and no dave.

LL..I speak of safety just as well as you.....I just don't get that knowledge from FOTH

Offline strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2016, 09:19:09 am »
Negative stuff can be good......I direct negative to LL and it makes me feel good.

Where did you learn to be so safe ?????

Offline DaveR

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2016, 09:30:45 am »
Where did you learn to be so safe ?????

I learned from grumpy old bastards like you John and just spending alot of time in the mountains! ;)

Offline DaveR

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2016, 09:32:45 am »
Yes..and no dave.

Shit, I will have to reverse the order so I can be in the "Trad Ethic"! I don't want to be a sport climber.

Offline strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2016, 09:49:02 am »
Too late....you think sport and then you are sport...no going back.

Now you are dangerous as well.....a walking, talking  death machine...........terminator dave