Author Topic: $3-$5 for Forest passes  (Read 3257 times)

Offline Nick Grant

• NEClimbs Full Member
Re: $3-$5 for Forest passes
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2016, 09:34:55 pm »
 "Let's take all the US dollars that were just changed to foreign currencies and secretly shipped to Iran and use it HERE!"

HUH?   "LL crazy talk."

Offline kenreville

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2016, 10:00:53 pm »
I don't like the fees, but they surely have legitimized climbing at a place like Rumney. There is too much money being made for them to prohibit climbing now.

And I agree the land is ours in principal.  Just like I own my own house, lol, as long as I give the town eleven bucks and change every day of the year.  Stop paying your property taxes and you will find out who owns "your" house.....
100% true.

As egregious the concept of "property tax" is, you must admit that a "parking tax" (cause that's what it is peeps), is OVER THE TOP.

Offline kenreville

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2016, 10:26:27 pm »
I don't think it's just for parking

"Ninety five percent of the revenue collected at recreation fee sites remains on the forest to operate, maintain and improve the facilities and recreation programs.

Fees are used to maintain day-use sites including trash pickup, septic pumping, painting, and cleaning and to address the backlog of deferred maintenance.

The money is also used to conduct patrols and maintain trails, shelters and campsites, and to assist visitors with information and education services such as Leave No Trace and hikeSafe."

So... I'm not trying to take a side here but is the feeling our tax dollars should be better earmarked to address these needs instead? I could be on board with that.

One would think that the common land- like the WMNF, would be maintained by common monies. Long before any common tax revenues are siphoned away to god knows what (actually I've got a damn good idea where it goes but that's another thread). It's the same with infrastructure in general (bridges, roads, etc.) Should be first and foremost IMO. I have spent the last 30 years walking all over the White Mtns and pick up and carry out whatever litter I come across. That's my contribution to this area and I'm glad to do it (although I will shove it up the ass of the MF'r I see littering). There is NO WAY some freedom encroaching gov't agency, because it is poorly funded from its own bumbling beauracracy, has ANY RIGHT to chisel yet another $20, $30, $40 TAX to park my vehicle on MY land. Again, FUCK THAT.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 10:32:46 pm by kenreville »

Offline rbirk

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2016, 11:58:24 pm »
Just curious, what other taxes do you feel like not paying and simply skipping? Sales tax, property tax, income tax, gas tax? At the gas station you pay only $1 per gallon and drive away? At the restaurant you pay the price on the menu and run away? or you just skip the ones you can get away with?

Offline DaveR

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2016, 07:24:19 am »
"Let's take all the US dollars that were just changed to foreign currencies and secretly shipped to Iran and use it HERE!"

HUH?   "LL crazy talk."
LL CRAZY

Nick, Making that statement just tells me you are out to lunch and have little idea whats going on in your own country! I guess you don't get radio or TV where you live seeing that has been a major story over the last week! Pay attention to what your government is doing my son. That money shipped to Iran would pay for alot of stuff. Below is a link to two of hundreds of articles.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/obama-cash-iran-hostages-232100146.html?ref=gs

http://nypost.com/2016/08/05/hostage-we-waited-for-2nd-plane-to-land-in-iran-before-leaving/

The money was converted to other currencies because it is illegal to ship US currency to Iran.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 07:34:23 am by DaveR »

Offline DaveR

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2016, 07:35:19 am »
One would think that the common land- like the WMNF, would be maintained by common monies. Long before any common tax revenues are siphoned away to god knows what (actually I've got a damn good idea where it goes but that's another thread). It's the same with infrastructure in general (bridges, roads, etc.) Should be first and foremost IMO. I have spent the last 30 years walking all over the White Mtns and pick up and carry out whatever litter I come across. That's my contribution to this area and I'm glad to do it (although I will shove it up the ass of the MF'r I see littering). There is NO WAY some freedom encroaching gov't agency, because it is poorly funded from its own bumbling beauracracy, has ANY RIGHT to chisel yet another $20, $30, $40 TAX to park my vehicle on MY land. Again, FUCK THAT.
A++

Offline grubbers

• NEClimbs Junior Member
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2016, 10:29:25 am »
Am I the only one who thinks that $20-30 a year isn't that big of a deal? I'm not crazy about paying taxes, but I do it anyway. Go live in Somalia if you want to live tax-free.

I'm just thankful that the government isn't selling off the public lands (like some states want to do) to private entities who could either shut off access or potentially charge vastly more to recreate on their property.

Offline Nick Grant

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2016, 10:47:48 am »
Believe it or not, not everything that Donald Trump says is true. 

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2016/08/03/business/ap-us-campaign-2016-iran-fact-check.html?_r=0

Offline DaveR

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2016, 11:30:01 am »
Believe it or not, not everything that Donald Trump says is true. 

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2016/08/03/business/ap-us-campaign-2016-iran-fact-check.html?_r=0

This has nothing to do with Trump, he is an idiot.

FACT: 400 million was changed from US currency to other currencies and then transferred to Iran. Obama admitted to the transfer, the only question is why it was done!

Offline kenreville

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2016, 11:31:32 am »
Just curious, what other taxes do you feel like not paying and simply skipping? Sales tax, property tax, income tax, gas tax? At the gas station you pay only $1 per gallon and drive away? At the restaurant you pay the price on the menu and run away? or you just skip the ones you can get away with?
What other taxes do I skip because I don't feel like paying? That's implying that I'm dishonest. I've got too much integrity to tell you what I really think of your leading questions.
Ahhh... the benefits of living in NH: Sales tax? Nope. Income Tax? Nope. 
Perhaps there's a reason that judges are not enforcing this parking tax. Did you think it might be because it's illegal? Educate yourself.
You prefer being an uninformed sheeple, that's unfortunate, but hey, it's OK with me. Just don't dare imply that I'm dishonest.

Offline kenreville

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2016, 03:21:54 pm »
Am I the only one who thinks that $20-30 a year isn't that big of a deal? I'm not crazy about paying taxes, but I do it anyway. Go live in Somalia if you want to live tax-free.

I'm just thankful that the government isn't selling off the public lands (like some states want to do) to private entities who could either shut off access or potentially charge vastly more to recreate on their property.

Your "thankful" that the gov't isn't selling off OUR- that's yours and mine, land? Again, your thankful? Gonna just follow along huh? (baah baah) Seems a rather pussified stance on the matter IMO. Why don't you write a letter to a congress critter and actually DO SOMETHING about it.

And sure, $20 /yr is no big deal right? Of course not. Just add it to the multitude of taxes, fees, registrations, etc.etc.etc. (ad nauseum). Do you know there was/is proposed legislation in Maryland to charge (tax) homeowners for the amount of rain water that lands on their property? Where does it end? Just so these scum bag politicians can keep on rolling along.

Nemesis

« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2016, 09:18:55 pm »

Everyone cheats the tax man.   

Offline kenreville

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2016, 08:15:51 am »

Everyone cheats the tax man.

Everyone? Don't think so. More accurately, know so.

Offline Nick Grant

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2016, 08:22:39 am »
"In this world, nothing can be said to be certain except death and taxes."

óBen Franklin, 1789

Offline kenreville

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2016, 09:16:22 am »
"In this world, nothing can be said to be certain except death and taxes."

óBen Franklin, 1789

Very true. Now please explain how an illegal tax fits into that statement.

And here I thought climbers embraced freedom. Guess I was wrong.

Some of you seem to have forgotten basic civics and that pesky little document called the Constitution.