Author Topic: Slab or Slab?  (Read 1367 times)

Offline lucky luke

• NEClimbs God
Re: Slab or Slab?
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2016, 09:49:43 AM »
You didn't answer my question- have you climbed The Dolomite Wall on canon[...]

Sounds like you've done the route. What's it like?
we dont always win against the mountain. that day my old partner. the cliff. win the game. it worth to climb...5.10 for the technique of protection. not for beginner. 89

in trad ethic...we try the onsight
if we fail we go back to the gym and work out the technique to make similar move and come back against with no other beta than the onsight that we do.

if we still dont understand the move we do it in top rope or with a bolt to try every possibility.

today...the third step of the ethic of trad is a sport.

as the level is higher...it is an interesting sport where the performance is higher than in trad. the chalenge is different

Offline kenreville

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2016, 11:22:22 AM »
You claim a "trad ethic" ascent although you did not climb the crux nor did you top out. Then you find my questions regarding your bogus ascent "boring".

You've got serious issues chief.

BTW- I led DW about 25 years ago. Including the crux. Does this mean I'm infected with trad ethic?

Offline lucky luke

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2016, 08:52:05 PM »
You claim a "trad ethic" ascent although you did not climb the crux nor did you top out

I knew that it was to humiliate that you asked the question.

some one said, when he reach the summit of k2 or everest that it was not topping out that he remember the most...but all the event from his first day of climbing to the realisation of a dream...the people that he met...the echec...the success....

some people are good and respect your ethic. some people are bad and just show are good they are. 

Offline kenreville

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2016, 08:46:11 AM »
The problem I'm having with you is your pseudo air of superiority. This whole "ethic" horse shit.
Then you have the audacity to cite climbs that you've "climbed"- then get pissy when you get called for not even climbing the damn thing.
Whadda you do- look up at a climb- "that looks doable", than check it off as done?
My point is that you continually preach to the choir here @ NEClimbs. There are plenty of people here (myself included) that have climbed as "ethical" as anyone else (yourself included) as well as a whole lot harder. Which makes us BETTER climbers than you. Get over it son.

Offline JBro

• NEClimbs God
  • Doing God's work
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2016, 06:44:52 PM »
One time I looked at Moonflower Buttress from a nice safe distance. I'm thinking of claiming an onsite.

Have a quiche, now, or maybe a tort.  You deserve it!
-bristolpipe

I like to keep things simple, even if it's faaaken painful and miserable.
-Stoney Middleton

This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.
-Friar Tuck

Offline kenreville

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2016, 02:16:10 PM »
If you leave your rope at home you can call it a solo.