Author Topic: New Hampshire March for Voting Rights  (Read 473 times)

Offline Coreshot

• NEClimbs Newbie
New Hampshire March for Voting Rights
« on: April 02, 2017, 06:27:55 AM »
This march, to be held Sunday April 2, 2017, will kick off at Concord High School at 1pm. We are marching to oppose Senate Bill 3, a bill aimed at suppressing the votes of students, elderly, and military service members in New Hampshire.  Proponents of the bill continue to site Donald Trump's false claims of massive voter fraud to scare the public into supporting this bill while not offering one shred of proof to back up the claims. 

Please come out and show your opposition to the voter suppression laws !
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 08:17:17 AM by Coreshot »
Like Like x 1 View List

Offline kenreville

• NEClimbs God
Re: New Hampshire March for Voting Rights
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 02:38:36 PM »
"The bill allows those who register to vote on Election Day to vote in that election by filing out an affidavit, but it requires them to provide to local election officials documentation that they are domiciled at the address they provide. They must provide one of a variety of documents or letters to the election officials within 10 days of the election, or within 30 days of the election if their town hall is open only on a part-time basis.

If the documents are not provided by the deadline, local officials are empowered under the bill to visit the address provided by the voter to check to see if he or she is domiciled there. Another option is to check the city or town's records. Or they may ask an "agent" to visit the addresses."

What a crock-o-shit.
So exactly how does this bill suppress anyone's voting rights?

Offline Coreshot

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 07:06:06 PM »
At the moment the bill does not address staff or funding to do the follow-up paperwork or possible home visits.  That's likely to create a backlog and a lag time which could unnecessarily nullify the votes of people who move frequently like students, the poor, and military service members.  Also, there are plenty of elderly people who can't just hop in the car and drive down to the town hall.

I've answered your question.  Do you suppose you could tell me about the documented cases of "massive voter fraud" this bill is supposed to prevent?  Some examples of the breadth and scale of the "problem" would be nice.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 08:07:55 PM by Coreshot »

Offline kenreville

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2017, 09:48:02 AM »
After witnessing the blatantly obvious deception and criminal actions of the Democratic Party to quite literally steal the election, any restriction that assures legitimacy of the voting process makes more than common sense. You're allowing yourself to get caught up in Trump's flapping gum rhetoric. Ignore him and his reasons and take a step back and assess the big picture.

Offline Coreshot

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2017, 05:48:55 PM »
Ken

We disagree.  In four years or eight(whatever), when you whackos have left the country, and possibly the world, in a flaming heap again I hope you'll be man enough to admit you fucked up "BIGLY".
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 05:51:22 PM by Coreshot »
Like Like x 1 View List

Offline JBro

• NEClimbs God
  • Doing God's work
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2017, 06:00:43 PM »
Can I have some of whatever Ken is smoking please?
Have a quiche, now, or maybe a tort.  You deserve it!
-bristolpipe

I like to keep things simple, even if it's faaaken painful and miserable.
-Stoney Middleton

This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.
-Friar Tuck
Funny Funny x 1 View List

Offline kenreville

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2017, 02:39:10 PM »
So you guys were just fine with the direction we're heading? And you're gonna tell me that HillDouche was a better choice? You think I'm happy that the best we could elect is a loud-mouthed jackass carnival barking buffoon? The REAL culprits in this debacle are both parties. The Repubs for the inability to present a candidate that could beat Trump. If you recall, he (Trump) never had a chance to win the primary. Yet he did- fair and square. The Demo's are at fault for rigging the primary so her heiness could proceed to the throne. Do you think The Bern would've beaten Trump? Fair and square? I sure do. Then the utter arrogance that she'd be a shoe-in to beat Trump. How'd that work out? And NOW, it's coming to light that there may have been an attempt to steal the election from Trump. Again people, step back and look at the big picture. And I'm sorry coreshot, but I for one don't believe you're a soothsayer, so how can you predict what will be in 4-8 years? Remember the polls and how WRONG they were predicting the future? If nothing else, THANK GOD that there isn't another Clinton in the Whitehouse.

Offline kenreville

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2017, 02:40:54 PM »
Can I have some of whatever Ken is smoking please?

My stuff? Sorry JBro, one hit and you'd be flat on your back, convulsing. ;)

Offline Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2017, 04:14:49 PM »
If nothing else, THANK GOD that there isn't another Clinton in the Whitehouse.

Well I'd certainly prefer her to the orange baboon!
Al Hospers

Offline Coreshot

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2017, 09:52:00 PM »
You say you're not happy about the Baboon President, yet you're willing to support laws being crafted directly from his insane twitter feed.  The fact of the matter is there wasn't massive voter fraud in NH.  SB3 is just a sneaky way, FOR REPUBLICANS, to make it just a little bit harder for some people to vote. 

I don't know about your big picture but mine goes something like this

1. The jobs aren't coming back.  I'd tell the folks in the rust belt to get some 21st century skills and become marketable again.  Stop blaming the "elites".  If you want to work in a factory so bad, open one.
2.  We can't afford to be spending 6 times more than any other country on the military.  We're twenty trillion in debt for Christ sake.  Pre 9/11 levels seem more reasonable
3.  We can't afford to ignore the environment.  The Republican environmental policies are embarrassing and not fooling anyone.  Somebody is going to lead the world in clean energy and it should be us NOT China.
4.  Illegal immigrants(in country now)  should be offered a guest workers status that would bring them into the fold and get them paying in to the system.  In many cases, these people have walked for days to come here and bust their asses doing shit jobs.  America should welcome these people.  Some border security just makes good sense(not a wall).
5.  I don't know what to do about Healthcare, but if 10 or 15 or 20 million people lose health insurance and have to start going back to Emergency Rooms to get medical care don't look for healthcare costs to go down any time soon.
6.  Am I happy with the way things were/are going?  I wasn't entirely happy, but now the Cheeto-faced dipshit has got me up at night.  I don't think you need to be a soothsayer to know this is going to end horribly. 

I intend to Resist every step of the way.  If you don't like it when I post up the marches, so be it.

Like Like x 1 View List

Offline Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2017, 05:38:17 AM »
Right on Coreshot!
Al Hospers

Offline kenreville

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2017, 12:17:23 PM »
Now now snowflakes.

You're melting..... :'(

Offline Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2017, 02:05:16 PM »
Now now snowflakes.

You're melting..... :'(

where's my face palm?
Al Hospers